Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Minimal mods, am I running rich? Or something else going on?

I've done a search on this and found a lot of gas in oil threads on Yamahas and Kawi ultras but not much on the Seadoo side, only with people with much more mods than my ski , my mods are in my signature plus a few but ones that matter are riva intake, and free flow exhaust..
    I am about to add 42lb injectors and an x charger..

I have sent my oil to Blackstone labs in the beginning of the season and was told after 40-50hrs it only had 3% fuel in it which from what I understand isn't too high as anything under 2% is fairly acceptable in a boosted motor.. However after 5-10 hrs of ride time my oil always creeps up 1/8-1/4 inch.. What could be causing this with the minimal mods I have.. Intake, exhaust and 14/19.. Leaky injector? Does the ski cut spark hitting the limiter and getting fuel in that way? I change the oil very often now as the ski just hit 400 hrs and want to keep everything fresh.. Still runs like a top but am just a little concerned with adding 42s it will run even more rich.. The ski runs fine and would rather be rich than lean but don't want to be dumping fuel in the oil when I add the 42s.. Any suggestions? Could one of my stock 38s be leaking? I can't tell if the oil has a slight gas smell or if it is just the smell of used oil as the oil analysis said it only had 3% after 40-50 hrs of use.. All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated as I will be ordering an x charger an 42s this week.. Getting up there in hours but still runs perfect so why not throw a few more mods as I'm due for a charger rebuild
    TJ

+1
    Any ideas?

+1
    If you add in an LC-1 and an adjustable regulator you can control it ...

+1
    I understand that much.. But have been told by numerous members that with stock IC, intake, exhaust, x charger and 42s that AFRs wouldn't need to be monitored and rrfpr wasn't needed for the setup as many people run that setup and it is tried and true.. I haven't even added the x charger or 42s yet and am wondering how my oil level is creeping up ever so slowly with only having a 3% fuel dilution after 40-50 hrs on a pretty much stock setup

+1
    Anyone have any suggestions on why or how this could be happening? Is it normal for some gas to creep into the oil and raise oil level slightly?

I change my oil religiously now that the ski has 400 hrs, and after 5-10 hrs the oil has maybe raised 1/8 of an inch on the dipstick which is not much.. I may be freaking out about the smell, it could be just the smell of used oil.. It just doesn't smell fresh outta the bottle

Just a little concerned if adding 42lb injectors is going to make the situation worse, I am not going to be adding a rrfpr or wideband because I am keeping the internal cooler as I want to stay fairly stock as I feel it has been key to my skis reliability and long life.. Not really a speed freak, just like to hit start and go every time and maybe have some quicker acceleration.. What's going on?

+1
    Ttt.. Anyone know if this is the case or how it could be happening on a pretty much stock ski?? If it's an injector leaking, it will be solved because I just ordered 42s and an x charger.. Thanks
    TJ

+1
    when ppl say you dont need it, that means running rich is acceptable, lean is the problem one.... 42s is too rich down low thats the issue with a none tunable setup

+1
    I understand that.. I get all the running rich/lean talk.. I'm talking about with my pretty much stock setup.. How could I be running rich or how is my oil level creeping up about 1/8 inch every 5-10 hours?

And I understand it is going to be rich down low.. Does that mean my oil level will be rising more now once I add 42s?

+1
    Put in the X Charger, Fizzle 4' Air Intake when you have the charger out and the 42's. It will be a different ski, but get rid of the BOV.

+1
    I am doing the 42s and x charger.. I don't have bov anymore, ditched it.. These responses aren't really pertaining to why or how I could be running slightly rich with fairly stock setup (before 42s and x charger) or how else my oil level could be creeping up about 1/8 inch every 5-10 hrs.. Anyone??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information