F12x not steering straight...

Hello,
    My 2002 F12x seems to slightly "pull" right when the handle bars are pointing straight.
    I find myself having to counter steer left a little bit to go straight, as the speed increases it seems to correct it self.
    My sponsons seem to be in good shape with no noticeable damages.
    Could it be possible that the plastic "nuts" that holds the steering rods at the back of the hull be damaged and have play that could be causing this issue?
    I have read that these tend to break often and sometimes let water in the hull as a result, could it be possible that these failed parts can cause steering vaguenes?
    Please help,
    Thanks guys.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    If the plastic thru-hull nut is shot you'd be getting water in the hull. Have a friend hold the nozzle with steering in the middle and try to turn it and see how much play. If there is any you need to take slack out and make sure it is true to the center. I have not had many issues like this so I don't have much more for you.
    Good luck.

+1
    Just adjust the steering adjustment to fix it undo the lock nut from the steering nozzle 10mm and the 8mm lock nut then screw adjuster in or out to fix may take a couple of goes to get it right

Should the steering nozzle have a little side-to-side play? Just a little is what I have.
    Now for the adjustment, simply loosen the lock nuts and turn the rod in/out to try and "center" the steering nozzle to the jet.

Quote Originally Posted by vdrm3 View Post
    Hello,
    My 2002 F12x seems to slightly "pull" right when the handle bars are pointing straight.
    I find myself having to counter steer left a little bit to go straight, as the speed increases it seems to correct it self.
    My sponsons seem to be in good shape with no noticeable damages.
    Could it be possible that the plastic "nuts" that holds the steering rods at the back of the hull be damaged and have play that could be causing this issue?
    I have read that these tend to break often and sometimes let water in the hull as a result, could it be possible that these failed parts can cause steering vaguenes?
    Please help,
    Thanks guys.
    Is there any play in the steering column itself?

Thread Information