Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question * group input needed * 2008 ultra 250x repair help & sugs * commin issues to look 4

I have learned a great deal by reading through the threads on this forum
    However
    I kinda get mixed answers from what I read
    So
    I figured I would make a thread with my situation to see if i could get some good suggestions on how to go about finding solutions for my situations

Heres the deal
    I purchased Two 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X's on a nice galv trailer, at the auction

I saw when i was reveiwing them before the sale that both ski's did not have keys.
    Thinking that was prob a commin issue that really did not detour me much
    (boy was a suprised later)

Anyway
    Both Skis are in pretty good shape and both appear to be repo's (kinda scary)
    My problem is
    I know nothing about kawasaki pwc's this new
    I would hate to spend the money on both ECU's and 4 fobs to find out that the motors are toast or that one or both have a terminal or major issues

Is there anything that is avalable yet that can bypass or delete the immobilizer to where i dont have to have the immobilizer fobs? I saw something called the magnum vipersheild immobilizer that states it works with your OEM ECU, its much cheaper than purchasing ECU's and fobs
    WOULD THIS BE A SOLUTION TO ME NOT HAVING THE FACTORY FOBS?
    Is there anyway to wire around the immobilizer system or possible software i can buy that fools it or something?
    ANY INPUT ON THIS TOPIC IS GREATLY APPRICIATED

Moving On,

Is there spacific things that i need to inpect or look at that could possibly be already worn out or broken?
    ( im basicly looking for commin issues that these 250's have, after a couple years of use and neglect)

Is there anything that i could look at that would tell me if the supercharger is good (seems to be a commin issue)
    Is there anything else that i could inspect without having the ability to start the Bike, that would confirm the condition on certain parts that are known to fail or that would possibly fail if neglected?

AGAIN ANY INPUT OR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRICIATED
    ALSO,
    These skis are not stolen
    I can post pics the titles to quash any suspicion

Thanks in advance for all the help guys

Feel free to PM if Needed or Even call or text me
    PM me and i will give you my cell number
    (im kinda puttin' all my eggs in this basket)

+1
    best bet would be to find someone close and borrow their ecu and keys to start both skis, this would give you piece of mind to purchase your own if the motors were proven ok.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    best bet would be to find someone close and borrow their ecu and keys to start both skis, this would give you piece of mind to purchase your own if the motors were proven ok.
    Thats actually a really good idea
    I dont really know of anyone around that has one but i could always check the local classifieds and maybe offer them some money to let me use there ecu and fobs for a day or so
    Thanks man for the good advice

Banned User
    +1

* group input needed * 2008 ultra 250x repair help & sugs * commin issues to look 4

No Way to bypass so Corey's suggestion would be the cheapest. Route.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    No Way to bypass so Corey's suggestion would be the cheapest. Route.
    Yeah that kinda what im reading
    thats good and bad i guess
    and
    Im huntin' the classifieds as we speak
    thanks for the help man

If I were you I would remove the Oil Filler Cap on both Skis . . . if there is any "milky white" substance on the Oil Filler Cap than there could be some serious issues here. This means water has entered the engine. How it got there and how long it has been there becomes the $64,000 question. good luck. JB

+1
    Here's a long shot but if you can find the dealer who sold the skis new they might have programed in a "master key". We do this as a service so that if a customer brings in a ski for service and forgets to bring their key we can still service them, and if they lose their keys we can program in a new one . Works as long as no new keys have been programed in, in which case the code for the master is erased. Like I said, it's a long shot but could save you from buying a pair of new ECU's .......

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    If I were you I would remove the Oil Filler Cap on both Skis . . . if there is any "milky white" substance on the Oil Filler Cap than there could be some serious issues here. This means water has entered the engine. How it got there and how long it has been there becomes the $64,000 question. good luck. JB
    good suggestion, i actually did that
    Oddly the oil dip stick was missin from one
    so i used the other one to check it
    both had what appeared to be brand new oil, really clean looking
    howewver there is no telling how long its been since either has been run
    Thanks man for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by SCSFAB View Post
    Here's a long shot but if you can find the dealer who sold the skis new they might have programed in a "master key". We do this as a service so that if a customer brings in a ski for service and forgets to bring their key we can still service them, and if they lose their keys we can program in a new one . Works as long as no new keys have been programed in, in which case the code for the master is erased. Like I said, it's a long shot but could save you from buying a pair of new ECU's .......
    That actually is a great idea
    i read a little about that "K care" I believe it was called
    could the HIN tell me where it was sold from when it was new/?
    thanks for the advice and yesm def worth the long shot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsports_etc View Post

In Australia.
    If you contact Kawasaki Australia yes they can give you the dealer if you supply them with the HIN.
    Surely it would be the same for all countries.

Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsports_etc View Post

In Australia.
    If you contact Kawasaki Australia yes they can give you the dealer if you supply them with the HIN.
    Surely it would be the same for all countries.
    thanks for the heads up man
    I will def give my local kawi shop a call first thing in the morning
    Does anyone know the going rate for the ecu and fobs
    and where the cheapest place to buy them might be?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information