Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waverunner with only 2 types of speed

Waverunner 2001 1200, has 110 hours now, for the last 5 hours ive had a weird problem with it, starts fine, doesnt shut of, all that is great but when i hit full throttle it takes from 5 to 10 seconds till it really speeds up, all ive done to try to fix it is new spark plugs but didnt change a thing, once it gets speed all feels good and gets the same speed then before

has anyone had this problem or knows how to fix it?

Made a short video:

Thank you in advance for your help

help anyone???

+1
    does not shut off, like with the stop button is broke or what? check fuel filters or just replace them, clean your valves there probobly needing it, do you have any exhaust leaks like water in the hull? in the end probobly a carb issue

Lean Runaway?

+1
    I think when he means it doesn't shut off he is saying it doesnt stall or die on him.Can u verify that the accelerator pump on the carbs is working properly

Quote Originally Posted by caliburn View Post
    does not shut off, like with the stop button is broke or what? check fuel filters or just replace them, clean your valves there probobly needing it, do you have any exhaust leaks like water in the hull? in the end probobly a carb issue
    sorry i said it wrong, it does turn of when i hit the off button, i just mean it wont turn off by it self, i really havnt messed with this ski so iŽll search for the filters then cuz i have no idea where they are (than for the advise) no water in the hull (i mean its not dry dry in there but normal as always) when i open the caps on the back not a drop came out

Quote Originally Posted by silvercrxsir View Post
    I think when he means it doesn't shut off he is saying it doesnt stall or die on him.Can u verify that the accelerator pump on the carbs is working properly
    exacly thats what i mean thank you, how can i verify that? sorry im kinda new to fixing this thing, ive basically only droven this thing lol

thank you for your help

+1
    you need a manual for one, and to learn all the dos and donts from basic things as well, you need to get familure with it, when you need help we are here

+1
    I'm not familiar with the way the carbs are set up on the 1200 or how many accelerator pumps it has or how many cylinders it feeds,but The accelerator pump is mounted on top of the carbs its a little square with a lever which is used to pump gas whenever the throttle is applied,a way to verify it is working is if you pump.the throttle and look into the carbs you should see it squirt gas into the carbs,

10. +1 by:

+1
    I have an 01 as well but mine is a Powervalve dont know if his is, but its a 3 banger barried underneath the exhaust and is a Bitch to get to let alone see. the exaust will have to come out to be able to get to the carbs and they are very intimidating to look at.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information