Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

0 to 70. Can't find info, got to ask question.

I think I have just about looked through this entire forum trying to answer my question. Everyone on here seems to be shooting for "Top speed", trying to hit 70,75,80,90 mph. I don't really care about "Top speed". I am more of a drag racer. I know cars and jet skis are two completely different things, but I am trying to combine the concept. I have seen drag cars that wouldn't run but 90 mph through the 1/4 mile, but they smoked cars that were running 100-115 mph simply because they got to 90 quicker and the other cars couldn't close the gap in time. This is what I am looking for. I would be happy to only run 70 mph, which on my rxp-x 260 should not be a problem. My question is. What mods do I need to do to cut the time it takes to get to 70. I am still trying to understand the pitching on the impeller. I know on my bass boat, if I want to go fast top end I put a steeper prop on it, but I will lose hole shot. If I want a better hole shot, I drop the pitch, but I will also lose top end. I see where guys are putting a smaller jet nozzle for more top end. Would putting a larger one give me better holeshot? I hope this doens't seem to be a stupid question, but I am still learning about these skis. I just need some guideance in which way to go.

Thanks,

Tony

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    yes using a larger nozzle (87mm) accelerates faster while using a smaller nozzle (83mm) gives better top end. my '11 px came with a 87mm nozzle, but im not sure what size the '12 uses. look into vtech ecu tuning...they have had some good results, but you will need to monitor your afr's to be safe. i would do intake, intake manifold upgrade, vtech handheld w/credit, drill/tap exhaust manifold for o2 sensor and maybe have [email protected] bend your stock prop after testing. if you want to go big, add et 68-140 supercharger, 80lb injectors, and a new prop to the list.

I am not sure what size nozzle is on my px. 87 is the largest that I have seen available. I was already planning on installing this http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php/. If 87 is what I already have and is as large as I can go. What do I do? Get a impeller setup to move more water through that 87, which in turn will bog the engine down. Once you get the pump loaded up enough to bog the engine down, instead of changing the impeller to get your rpms back up. Beef up the engine to have enough ass to turn that agressive impeller. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    id guess 87mm, but you can measure it or ask troyheb he should know. that gauge is fine. i forgot to mention getting an intake grate for your first round of mods. i would change the parts and see where your at before messing with the prop. you might be able to just have eric re pitch your stocker depending on rpm and s/c...i know there were some problems with solas props on the '12.

Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    id guess 87mm, but you can measure it or ask troyheb he should know. that gauge is fine. i forgot to mention getting an intake grate for your first round of mods. i would change the parts and see where your at before messing with the prop. you might be able to just have eric re pitch your stocker depending on rpm and s/c...i know there were some problems with solas props on the '12.
    I was planning on getting the R & D aquavain intake grate. Where do I find troyheb or eric?

+1
    Eric = http://www.speedfreeksracing.com/home

troyheb = PM (member that has a PX)

+1 If you're drag racing you'll definitely want to go bigger charger,impeller,rrfpr,injectors,reflash, etc...

+1, Moore boost is what you need Sea Doo has allready done a pretty good job accelleration wise. Bigger supercharger with all the mandatoyr mods that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hkallestad View Post
    +1, Moore boost is what you need Sea Doo has allready done a pretty good job accelleration wise. Bigger supercharger with all the mandatoyr mods that come with it.
    No offense, but I am not looking for pretty good. I want all out "scary acceleration". I am looking at the vtec handheld and buying the credits. It's up in the air on the SC. I think the first thing to focus on would be a good IC.

+1
    If you want scary acceleration you want to get VTech wit ha aggressive tune, big supercharger, intercooler that is relocated closer to the throttle body, and a prop pitched right.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR View Post
    If you want scary acceleration you want to get VTech wit ha aggressive tune, big supercharger, intercooler that is relocated closer to the throttle body, and a prop pitched right.
    Any suggestions on superchargers and intercoolers? Also, I know I will be needing different injectors. What would be a good one to go with. I don't mind paying a little extra, I am a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". As far as prop goes, what is the differance between the scat track 3 blade and the solas 4 blade?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information