I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1

R5 WaterX Racing Weekend...Polaris Representing!

Well I have been talking about it but I finally raced this weekend and what a blast!! This was round 7 and 8 for the season finals. Saturday was my very first race and I tell you what, I was quite nervous. I was in the beginner runabout class which was definitely some tough competition. Granted, they had two Kawi 4-strokes and a Yamaha, but we also had THREE Pro 785s...talk about awesome Polaris representation.

Saturday was quite hard...I still had my 6 degree wedge in there (didn't even think about that before going racing) and the big wakes from those 4-strokes made for some very tough times trying to hold on. All in all, it was fun for my first day.

I drove home after the races and immediately changed out the 6 degree wedge for my stock 4 degree. What a complete difference. I also had my high speeds turned out quite a bit since I dropped my PTO cylinder earlier this year but the wash was very big so I pulled it in some.

I ended up placing 4th overall on the Saturday race and 1st overall on the Sunday race. They pulled out the 4-strokes in our races Saturday and let us run intermediate runabout 800cc class with another SeaDoo XP.

It was a pleasure finally meeting Ronnie (skigolfnut) and Bill ([email protected]). Everyone was very nice out there and always willing to help. I only had one holder the weekend but people never hesitated to hop in and give a hand holding. Can't wait for 2013 season!

Now on to the real deal...I need some help setting this boat up for rough water. I'll save that for another thread...

Some pictures:

+1
    Congrats that awesome. My SLT and the MSX were raced one weekend this year and did quite well with hired guns.

+1

R5 WaterX Racing Weekend...Polaris Representing!

Y'all put on a great show this weekend. It was my first race too, but it sure was a blast.
    Those lil polaris R/A sure can run. Haha

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    So uhhhhh, why didn't you run the 1010?

Here, this might help

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=rough+water

Right now, I'm thinking a 8 vane pump is in order for me at least.

+1
    (please don't kill me)

How would a Hurricane fair against these PRO 785's?

+1
    Hurricanes run in sport spec.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    And the PRO run in a "higher" category I assume? PRO being the brutally obvious "proffesional" ski? I only asked because people are always commenting on how amazing the Hurricanes handle but not very often do I hear that the PRO awesome.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats that awesome. My SLT and the MSX were raced one weekend this year and did quite well with hired guns.
    Thank ya! I remember seeing that thread about the SLT racing like a boss a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    Y'all put on a great show this weekend. It was my first race too, but it sure was a blast.
    Those lil polaris R/A sure can run. Haha
    Haha thanks man...the arm pump was beyond belief after my first couple of races. Everyone put on a good show the entire weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    So uhhhhh, why didn't you run the 1010?

Here, this might help

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=rough+water

Right now, I'm thinking a 8 vane pump is in order for me at least.
    Yeah, don't think the higher ups would like the 1010 running in the 800 class haha. I would love to run that thing but I don't think it would fair too well in the constant WOT racing scene..more of a grudge match boat. What setup did you end up running for the rough stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by burtonrider10022 View Post
    And the PRO run in a "higher" category I assume? PRO being the brutally obvious "proffesional" ski? I only asked because people are always commenting on how amazing the Hurricanes handle but not very often do I hear that the PRO awesome.
    I don't think I would call it a higher catergory, just a different class. The sport spec boats are the ones that are very "tippy" but lean hard in the turns. The name "Pro 785" I think is kind of refering to the rider classification. For example, there is beginner, novice, expert, amateur, pro, ect.....

From what I've heard, the Pro 785s were pretty popular back in the day and kicked butt. There are a few still running them.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    So far I have the fixed trim tabs, 2* wedge, Evolution Marine ride plate, JD intake grate, and stock sponsons. It does OK, but still not great.

I think I need to try a 8 vane pump. And one of the guys (think it was TX pro) said an AAT helps too.

+1
    Look like a fun time.. Just remember to document your setup after each race weekend. It really helps when setting up the ski for next year.

Thread Information