Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anybody ever fit a twist throttle on their ski??

Having a garage full of motor cycles I have to admit that the finger throttle thing just isn't as fun as the twist of a throttle. I looked at Moose Racing's Dual Gasser but I'm not sure I need all that. Has anyone switched over to a twist throttle? Any opinions as to if it can be done using the stock cable on my VXS? Thanks for any advise.

+1
    Anything is possible with ingenuity and duckets. There has been some discussion before on the subject. All I can say is try it and see how you like it.

+1

+1
    My friend that use to race had to put one on his ski since he is now partial paralyzed and cant use his fingers. He likes it.

+1
    I really like it on my gpr The 2 friends who rode my ski both liked it and one has already installed the twist throttle on his. Cost about 20 bucks and I had to modify my cable a bit. Its a lot less fatigue for me than a finger or thumb setup.

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    I really like it on my gpr The 2 friends who rode my ski both liked it and one has already installed the twist throttle on his. Cost about 20 bucks and I had to modify my cable a bit. Its a lot less fatigue for me than a finger or thumb setup.

OK, I'm sold. What is the name brand of the throttle you used? What modification did you have to make?

9. +1 by:

+1
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/twistthrottle-1.aspx this is the one I used. It feels flimsy before installing but has a good feel once mounted. I wanted a straight pull throttle, and this one was cheap enough to try and trash if didn't like it. WIll be interesting to see how it holds up long term. Did like it so much I've ordered another one for my other ski.

To install I removed the cable and had to grind down on the twist throttle end the piece that slides into slot and the little oblong metal piece to fit in throttle. Took just a couple mins on bench grinder. There may be other twist throttles that you wouldnt have to modify cable for out there. I didnt do much research, just went with cheapest to test it out and it ended up working out better than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/twistthrottle-1.aspx this is the one I used. It feels flimsy before installing but has a good feel once mounted. I wanted a straight pull throttle, and this one was cheap enough to try and trash if didn't like it. WIll be interesting to see how it holds up long term. Did like it so much I've ordered another one for my other ski.

To install I removed the cable and had to grind down on the twist throttle end the piece that slides into slot and the little oblong metal piece to fit in throttle. Took just a couple mins on bench grinder. There may be other twist throttles that you wouldnt have to modify cable for out there. I didnt do much research, just went with cheapest to test it out and it ended up working out better than I thought.
    Part ordered. I'll let ya know if it works on a VXS.

+1
    That is really cool, I've been wondering about doing a twist throttle, now I know, thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information