suggestions for repair shop in Maryland area

I have a 2004 stxr and water pouring in near the pump seal at high rpm's. Don't do any mechanical work myself and the repair shop I used to use in Glen Burnie is no longer in business. Any suggestions on repair shops in the Maryland-Virginia area for this type of repair would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joeabd View Post
    I have a 2004 stxr and the repair shop I used to use in Glen Burnie is no longer in business.
    I am curious what the name of this shop was - please....

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeabd View Post
    I have a 2004 stxr and the repair shop I used to use in Glen Burnie is no longer in business.
    I am curious what the name of this shop was - please....

Marine Power Sports

+1
    There is a Kawasaki shop in this same town, I am not recommending them, and there are MANY that have had BAD business dealings with this business, relating to simple things like not answering the phone or returning phone calls or E-Mails, having to wait forever for their parts/ski, being sold one thing and delivered another, it is why I inquired the name of this shop - as I only assumed with the town you mentioned that this business had closed - yet my assumption is apparently incorrect.

The beauty of this Bulletin Board is there are many people whom have the same ski as you, whom have experienced the same issues as you, and are ALL here to "help" one another. It is not "Rocket Science" to work on your Jet-Ski - especially a 2004 STX-r Kawasaki 2-Stroke. If you have some hand tools, you obviously are able to read and comprehend the English Language, as that is what the Language that our Service Manuals are written in - with full illustrations showing you a step-by-step procedure to get to the root of your problem.

Plus you have everybody here to assist you. Kinda like a whole mess of "Technical Consultants" at your finger tips (keyboard). To top it all off - if you are able to sucessfully accomplish your repair independently - not only did you learn something in the process - but you were able to save some money as well, not to mention the feeling of "Self-Accomplishment" that goes along with it.

Whatever you decide, if you decide that trying to maintain and/or repair your Kawasaki is definately not-for-you, then drop by and ask questions how much, how long will it take, is there any guarantee, bla-bla-bla... to the local shop that does mainly Kawasaki 2-Stroke stuff - namely:

http://www.skiworx.com/contact.html

Good Luck!!!

Thread Information