Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up FS: 1999 Kawasaki ultra 150 low hrs with an 08 triton trailer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jet ski 1.png 
Views:	306 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	282223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jet ski 2.png 
Views:	324 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	282224For sale is a 99 Ultra 150 in near new condition with approx 50 hrs of use. I had purchased it from a man who owned it since new and it just sat in his garage. I bought this ski and used it a handful of times. Please don't hesitate to call as this will not last knowing this ski is practically in new condition. Just did r&d ride plate, scoop grate, and air filters. Ski should be in the 63+ mph range. Kept up with the 215 hp seadoo.
    Come see for yourself. You won't be disappointed.
    The gauge bezel recently stopped displaying. I'm thinking it's from water getting inside.
    Ski is always garage kept and never left outside while not being used.

Asking $3700 o/b/o.(732)773-4847 Pm me with your email for pictures.

HIN. KAW44373F999
    Last edited by T350G; 09-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.

I need this ski sold. I have found a boat I want and need the cash from this sale. Best offer takes the ski!

+1
    Location?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
    Location?
    I'm located in beachwood nj. The jersey shore.

+1
    Hope you kept the stock air box because the way you have it now, the engine will be ruined very quick. You cannot put non stock air filters on the ultra cv carbs. It will run lean and melt pistons very quick.
    Please update your add to say you have the stock air box, anyone with knowledge of ultras will not touch it the way it is.
    Busted display is a big problem too, please don't say like new when expensive things are broken.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

[QUOTE=SplishSplash;2035556]Hope you kept the stock air box because the way you have it now, the engine will be ruined very quick. You cannot put non stock air filters on the ultra cv carbs. It will run lean and melt pistons very quick.
    Please update your add to say you have the stock air box, anyone with knowledge of ultras will not touch it the way it is.
    Busted display is a big problem too, please don't say like new when expensive things are broken.

I have the stock airbox which is included. A very good friend of mine who owns precision watercraft (a performance and service shop in my area) installed them for me. I would not have done these air filters without the proper installation done by a professional. As for the display, the ski could still be listed is like new condition with an inoperable unit. It stopped working a few months back. This ski hardly saw use before I bought it, and now after it's being used it is always sprayed with wd40 wiped down so there are no I repete no signs of rust or corrosion anywhere. It looks like showroom condition.

+1
    If he was a professional, then he would have known this is a big no no on the Kawasaki CV carbs. The have vacumm operated sliders in them that require the stock common airbox so that they all open the way they should. Adding seperate intakes removes the feedback from each carb and you will get an imbalance in CV opening. There is no way around this with the stock carbs.
    It will run and sound great, but all of a sudden you will go lean on one cylinder and thats the end of that piston. Sorry, but thats how they are.
    Lots of people do run filters like that, but they have swapped out the stock carbs for Novi's or Buckshots or any carb without the CV sliders. Then it can be made to work reliably.

Just wanted you to know, lot of people have tried this and the result is usually a melted piston.

I just spoke to my buddy and he said when he installed the filters, he made the carbs run more rich to compensate. He builds, rebuilds, services tons of ski's and knows what he's doing. I wouldn't be selling an item unless it is up to 100% great working and reliable condition.

+1
    Agreed, the stock flame arrestors are better. However, we learned the other day that R&D provides parts to adjust the jets with their flame arrestors, so hopefully this was done. I'd switch back.

Got compression numbers?

The display is over $800 new, about $300 used.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    If he was a professional, then he would have known this is a big no no on the Kawasaki CV carbs. The have vacumm operated sliders in them that require the stock common airbox so that they all open the way they should. Adding seperate intakes removes the feedback from each carb and you will get an imbalance in CV opening. There is no way around this with the stock carbs.
    It will run and sound great, but all of a sudden you will go lean on one cylinder and thats the end of that piston. Sorry, but thats how they are.
    Lots of people do run filters like that, but they have swapped out the stock carbs for Novi's or Buckshots or any carb without the CV sliders. Then it can be made to work reliably.

Just wanted you to know, lot of people have tried this and the result is usually a melted piston.
    What you say is correct and many have unfortunately learned the hard way. Actually most just didn't know it was such a touchy situation with the CV carbs until after the damage was done.

It can be done though and done correctly. For many years now Steve at Skiworx has modified many sets of stock Ultra 150 CV carbs to run with aftermarket arresters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information