Banana River cruise?

I was thinking of heading out on either Thursday or Friday morning. I was going to launch right off of the 528 and head south towards Melbourne.

Are there any resturants along the way on the water? Google Earth isn't good for finding any.

+1
    If heading south the next road you go under is 520. There are a couple waterside places to the east just south of the bridge. Not sure about any further south.

So no one wants to go along?

+1
    Gotta work this week.

OK the dolphin thing is kinda neat for the first hour or so. They seem to get a bit too playful. I had 6-8 "kids" following, in front of, on the sides of me almost the entire way out of Ponce Inlet and south for a while. They get kinda close but I figure they know what their doing so just let them be. They have a hell of a lot more energy than I ever did.

I need to go out and get a video camera to document some of these things. I stayed out for about 3 hours just cruisng around, I had a good time even though it was with myself.

Mike, there is 'Sunset Cafe" on the east side just under the 520 Causeway (long idle in) other than that you would have to get into the Indian River, under Mathers Bridge to the EauGallie Cswy. If you do an about face and head back north to Pineda Cswy. there is another outdoor restaurant on the west shore. Used to be called Pineda Inn but just changed hands and I can't think of the new name. You could try Chowders or Capt. Katannas also in that area (west side) but their parking leaves alot to be desired.
    We have lost a few waterfront restaurant's lately to condo's so other than these, you'd have to go to Sebastin Inlet area to Capt. Hiram's.
    Hope this helps. Tomorrow should be a beautiful ride. Noticed the ocean early this morning was totally flat, would make for an easy ocean run to somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xcduetester View Post
    Mike, there is 'Sunset Cafe" on the east side just under the 520 Causeway (long idle in) other than that you would have to get into the Indian River, under Mathers Bridge to the EauGallie Cswy. If you do an about face and head back north to Pineda Cswy. there is another outdoor restaurant on the west shore. Used to be called Pineda Inn but just changed hands and I can't think of the new name. You could try Chowders or Capt. Katannas also in that area (west side) but their parking leaves alot to be desired.
    We have lost a few waterfront restaurant's lately to condo's so other than these, you'd have to go to Sebastin Inlet area to Capt. Hiram's.
    Hope this helps. Tomorrow should be a beautiful ride. Noticed the ocean early this morning was totally flat, would make for an easy ocean run to somewhere.
    Wow, thanks for the info. Looks like I know where Im heading today.

Banned User
    Mike,

That's right out my back door, are you there this weekend? If so let's ride..

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Mike,

That's right out my back door, are you there this weekend? If so let's ride..

Alex
    Someone has to have off today except me. Ill be out there again on Saturday from 12-4 or so. I have to go into work on Saturday night.

Thread Information