Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Thinking about selling my '09 260X.... Kansas City

Any good ideas on the going rate for that ski with 15 hrs including Yacht Club trailer, 3 quality lifejackets, kawi cover, battery tender, and anchor? I pretty much never ride it as you can see and I am the only owner. I would just like it gone. Thanks in advance for your input.

I'm thinking 9,000. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by HarknessMonster View Post
    I'm thinking 9,000. What do you guys think?
    Too high. The lifejackts, Cover, etc . . . people will just ask you to throw that stuff in for free. You would be better off selling all your "extra" stuff in your local CraigsList or some place like that. Why does the Ski have so few hours on it? Did you buy it as a new, non current model? Does the Ski have an extended factory Warranty? These are some of the types of questions you will be asked.

If you can, the ski might be easier to sell next Spring. this is not the best time of year to be selling it. But if you have some Warranty and the Ski is in 100% tip top shape . . . . and the trailer is decent, I would say about 7K for "the package" is about what you can expect. JB

Ski has warranty. It has so few hours because I opted for this over a Harley so that the family could enjoy it. I bought it in 2010 BRAND NEW. The family hates it and I have since gotten my Harley. It is in Tip-top besides a small puncture in the plastic nose cone that occurred while tied to my buddy's pontoon and some jerk blew by in his Donzi. Purely cosmetic and if some one bitched about it I'd replace it. It all literally looks showroom. It has never spent a night outside. The trailer looks like it has never been used. It has MAYBE 300 miles on it.

+1
    Seems the ski's that are well inland vs. the coasts get more money probably due to supply as well as people not wanting a salt water ski I'm guessing.

$7-8500 would be my guess. I saw a brand new '09 last summer at a local dealer for $9900. Either way looks like somebody will get a great ski.

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by dmk View Post
    Seems the ski's that are well inland vs. the coasts get more money probably due to supply as well as people not wanting a salt water ski I'm guessing.

$7-8500 would be my guess. I saw a brand new '09 last summer at a local dealer for $9900. Either way looks like somebody will get a great ski.
    9900 for a brand new ski, plus 900 for a trailer plus taxes... youre still walking out with a 12-13k bill... unless you also opt for the "don't touch it with a wrench for 4 years plan" like I did.

However if I got 8k for it... It's gone. I owe 10,700 on it. Gay....

Quote Originally Posted by HarknessMonster View Post
    Ski has warranty. It has so few hours because I opted for this over a Harley so that the family could enjoy it. I bought it in 2010 BRAND NEW. The family hates it and I have since gotten my Harley. It is in Tip-top besides a small puncture in the plastic nose cone that occurred while tied to my buddy's pontoon and some jerk blew by in his Donzi. Purely cosmetic and if some one bitched about it I'd replace it. It all literally looks showroom. It has never spent a night outside. The trailer looks like it has never been used. It has MAYBE 300 miles on it.
    I bet that was a real kick in the pants! . . . Why do they hate it? where you supposed to come home with a different make / model?

Well, good luck with it. JB

Banned User
    +1

Thinking about selling my '09 260X.... Kansas City

7-7500 is going to be top of the price range trailers worth about $500 you can get brand new 2010 260s for 9500. Every year it will be worth less we are now into our third year on the 300x so prices drop even more. Good luck with the sale. eBay will be your best bet to try to sell it.

Selling it...

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    7-7500 is going to be top of the price range trailers worth about $500 you can get brand new 2010 260s for 9500. Every year it will be worth less we are now into our third year on the 300x so prices drop even more. Good luck with the sale. eBay will be your best bet to try to sell it.
    I just had my wife put it up on ebay. We'll see what happens. So far 3 watchers... Not sure if that means anything though. I told her to put it up for 7 and her response was... "I'll light it on fire in the front yard first" and she put it up for 8499. She never listens to me. I'll re-list it for 7 next week if it doesn't go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information