Midwest City, OK

Anyone ever put a 900 zxi motor in a 750 xi body? I could use some advice

Ive got a great looking 98 xi Sport 750. I got it running after buying it dirt cheap. The motor has given me fits, cant seem to get it to stay running. It's bored 0.5 over, carbs have been gone through repeatedly. I have a 900 ZXI motor available to install, but I'm sure theres a difference between, rideplates, etc. Anyone ever done a swith like this? Ive heard about guys doing it into stand-ups, X2's and the like. HELP

I'd start by finding out what's preventing the 750 from running. If it's a problem with the pickups in the tank, fuel selector, etc., you'll have the same problem with the new engine.

Do you have the electrical box for the 900? The exhaust is different, too, and some exhaust parts are hard to come by.

Midwest City, OK

Anyone ever put a 900 zxi motor in a 750 xi body? I could use some advice

I have everything from the 900. I'm not sure if it's the pickups, but it could be. I'm probably going to find another body for my 900. I love this 750 but I've really spent too much time fighting with it. Plus I got the 1100 motor almost done

1100 in a X2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 152.jpg 
Views:	798 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	283484

Fort Smith, AR
    Sent you a pm but if you did not get I have a 900 zxi with blown motor hull is good rest of ski is so so but you could swap your parts and spicy it up. It is a complete ski minus mirrors and trailer. It's yours free if you pick up I live in fort smith.

I have been eyeing the same thing, i think it could happen but i think you need a shorter drive shaft in order to make it work, i dropped an empty case into the hull w/out carbs or exhaust. Exhaust work would be tricky if you want to cut out the stock one.

Thread Information