Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

V-Tech map tuner and software

I have read a few posts, claiming this is the best bang for the buck.
    I want to purchase this, but am a little gun shy for buying software upgrades that you cannot touch and feel like hardware.
    Is this truly the easiest way to make my 2012 RXPX 260 go faster and remove that stupid GPS limit along with getting it to go faster ??
    I am partially dissapointed with the machine in the single aspect of its top speed and ability to reach it as quickly as a 2011 RXPX. I think the machine is way more advanced, but shocked that its slower.

Is this V-Tech the first answer.....secondly do you know if they ship it to Canada.

All input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

+1

Re: V-Tech map tuner and software

Quote Originally Posted by Davidrf59 View Post
    I want to purchase this, but am a little gun shy for buying software upgrades that you cannot touch and feel like hardware.
    Is this truly the easiest way to make my 2012 RXPX 260 go faster and remove that stupid GPS limit along with getting it to go faster ??
    I am partially dissapointed with the machine in the single aspect of its top speed and ability to reach it as quickly as a 2011 RXPX. I think the machine is way more advanced, but shocked that its slower.

Is this V-Tech the first answer.....secondly do you know if they ship it to Canada.

Thanks,
    Yes, yes and yes. Go ahead and look at the supertech spring and retainer kit as well. You will need it down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidrf59 View Post

Thanks,
    Yes, yes and yes. Go ahead and look at the supertech spring and retainer kit as well. You will need it down the road.

Thanks for the feedback.....what are those 2 items, and can I install them myself without being a tech...I am handy, but not looking to screw with stuff that will cost me lost time dragging it back to the dealer to undo my screw up !!

+1

Not that tough of a job. Just takes a while. There is plenty of guys here to give tech advice.
    I would tell ya to reflash(8350). Get a new impeller and 4" intake. See if ur happy with that first.

+1

The stock springs and retainers are said to be good up to only 8400 rpm. The aftermarket ones are rated upwards of 9k. To get the machine moving u need those RPMs above 8400 imo. You can do the springs and retainers yourself with an air compressor and the tool. There are how tos here if you search around.

+1

Good thing about the vtech is you can try all the flashes u want. Plenty of help here.

Im running the vtech 8350 and love it, best bang for the buck by far.

+1
    I did not have any luck with the hand held on my 2012 RXPX, Finally decided to go with the new Motec M130. Best decision I made. Got ski from 76 to 82 in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin RXT-X View Post
    I did not have any luck with the hand held on my 2012 RXPX, Finally decided to go with the new Motec M130. Best decision I made. Got ski from 76 to 82 in no time.
    I see there is a Motec Distributor in my local area.....went to see the website, and it looks like you need to totally de-install the factory ECU and replace wires and harnasses to install it.....Wow....I have a 5 year warranty, and this would kill it for sure. The V-Tech is invisible....seems like a better solution...and I would be satisfied at 76mph......for now !

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Good thing about the vtech is you can try all the flashes u want. Plenty of help here.
    So you obviously feel a significant difference with a simple flash to the ECU ?? Are changing these springs and retainer internal engine parts.....sound like it.....So you feel the engine can't handle the stress of increased rpm's unless you do this, or you think the engine will wear out faster.....sorry....lots of questions, but I want to hit 75+ mph, not mess with the engines internals, and do simple things like grates, impellers, catch cans....etc.....first step....just the flash.....how much more will that gain me from where I am at stock ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information