Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of this? (top and piston)

Removed my top because low compression in PTO cylinder.

The top look strange? Kinda different colours...

And what do you think about the pistons?

Top (the brighter one is MAG and darker PTO):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild8tu.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	282263
    Mag:

Name:	bild1nl.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	282264

PTO to the right:

Name:	securedownloadfv.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	282265

Br,

Magnus

the MAG side of head has been fuel washed or stream cleaned by water - also seen on piston dome - can also see rust staining in the cylinder walls..Hard to tell about pto cylinder as only see a portion of a weird looking cylinder wall..

Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    the MAG side of head has been fuel washed or stream cleaned by water - also seen on piston dome - can also see rust staining in the cylinder walls..Hard to tell about pto cylinder as only see a portion of a weird looking cylinder wall..
    Thanks for the replay. When you say "MAG side of head has been fuel washed or stream cleaned by water" - you mean i've got water in the cylinder? ... Because I have not cleaned it

Not to step on his toes but , yes he means some water getting to it while it was running . " fuel washed" unburnt fuel washing off top of piston because that cylinder was not burning fuel any longer. Even A lean cylinder can have a washed piston because it stopped burning fuel. Water can foul a plug and get same thing , water & fuel cleaned. Or a tiny water leak can run well but leave piston very clean, but that water will eventually ruin something.

+1
    If it was from water, you will usually see milky oil on the plug or cylinder head if you checked them after the ski was idling for a little bit. The cylinder base gasket leaks on those motors all the time

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    If it was from water, you will usually see milky oil on the plug or cylinder head if you checked them after the ski was idling for a little bit. The cylinder base gasket leaks on those motors all the time
    Are you & KYHI brothers or something ???

Lots of misinformation seems to come from him & you.

951 base gaskets dont leak all the time...... Milky oil on the head ??? Pleeeeese

And your thoughts? As we all fail to see any advise or helpful information from your response...

+1
    Base Gaskets rarely leak if any, look at the exhaust manifold to pipe gasket and cylinder to exhaust manifold gaskets for leaks as this is more common.

This baby looks like its been abused for awhile.

When you remove the pipe have a look down their for any white salt deposits this is a good indicator that a gasket has crapped itself.

Water is getting in somewhere.

I've got the same thing going on but on both cylinders and it's a water leak. I've rebuilt mine with all new gaskets - base, head, manifold, exhaust gaskets.

Also made a plate to go over the end of the exhaust and filled exhaust with water and put in on the garden hose to build some pressure to see if the exhaust is cracked. I had a cracked exhaust a year ago which caused similar symptoms. Could see water leaking from the crack but as soon as the water was off the bloody crack was invisible.

It's getting water from somewhere - just got to go through every mating surface and make sure they're good

Ok, I'll look for salt depostis. Thank u all for answer this thread. I'm sure I'll get back when the real job starts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information