Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

07 RXP with x charger

Did a search and have found and have known a lot of info on the 08+ skis having the oiler mod and I think that people are just bolting up x chargers and 42s on stock setups and rolling with it.. I know not to plug the oil hole on the new charger but I don't have to run the 08+ oiler mod to run the x charger on my ski right? Just need a simple answer as I know all about the mod and what it does.. Just want to make sure everyone with a pre 08 ski is just bolting on the charger and going.. Thanks TJ

+1
    I have an 06 rxp and I am using an 08-09 X charger and I just bolted it in, and it has been working great, I have the ET-137 wheel in it and no problems so far,

+1
    I'm running a 2 rude right now without the 08 oiler mod. I do plan on doing it this winter when i upgrade the flywheel bolts

+1
    Ok sounds good.. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.. I know about the mod but I thought many were running without oil mod with no issues

+1
    Glad to see you are going ahead with the mod. Over two years ago I nstalled a X-charger on my 2007 RXP along with Riva's upgrade wheel. I installed a Viton seal, 42 lb injectors, Riva 8650 ECU, Les Cooke retainers, Riva rear air kit for a RXP (yes it can be done on a three seater) and have put over a hundred hours on it and no issures whatsoever. I am very supprised that some people have not chimed in saying you need to install a RRFPR. (With his set up it's not needed). With this set up is is VERY realiable and you have no fueling worries. I run an untouched 15/20 and am in the 77MPH range. I know I am only a few steps away from 80 MPH but the expense then goes up and the realiability goes down. Good luck with yours.

+1
    I think this will be pretty close to the extent of my modding.. This past weekend I hit 400 hrs on it and I have hopes of much more.. Just don't want to push it.. The ski has been great and still runs great like the first time it ever hit the water

+1
    I have a 06 limited and have been running the x-charger with 42's with other mods for two years. The purpose of the hole on 08+ charger was to get more oil to the wheel side bearing, by adding the sprayer in 08 it supplied more oil to the wheel side bearing and also cooled the clutches. That being said adding a 08 + charger to a earlier ski it still gets more oil to the wheel side bearing then before via oil splash, where before it had to travel through the gear side bearing to get to the wheel side bearing. But imho all chargers should be rebuilt every 100 hrs. to insure the a long life of the motor. A supercharger failure due to lack of maintenance is avoidable by sticking to the 100 hr. rule and is cheap insurance. If for any reason i have to tear into motor someday then i will add the update oil pump then, but for now it runs just fine.

+1
    Just got the x charger and injectors on Friday, very fast once they shipped (thanks so much Jerry).. Just installed yesterday and put the ski on the water just before sunset.. Wow, feels like a whole new ski! Noticeable acceleration and speed increase.. I hope with my setup this was a reliable upgrade, it sure was worth it.. Nothing like starting bigger mods at 400 hours! I'm hoping for many many more now that I just woke the ski up a little

I am however, a little high on rpm's with my 14/19 sitting at 8180 at WOT and it maybe could have had more but I backed off a little.. Think a 15/20 will be too much for it? Where should I go from here with the prop? I know in the dead of summer my rpm's may be right around 8100 but now that its cooler with air from mid 60's to 70's and low humidity I am running a bit high and need to figure out the prop.. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    TJ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    . The purpose of the hole on 08+ charger was to get more oil to the wheel side bearing, by adding the sprayer in 08 it supplied more oil to the wheel side bearing .
    Can you explain how this works???How does it get more oil to the wheel side bearing when the shaft is only hollowed out to the Scer clutch assembly..With the 08 oiler adjusted properly it SHOULD spray oil into the Scer shaft which then the oil comes out the 8 little grooves in the gear helping lube/cool the clutch assembly...

+1
    I'm a little high on rpm's with my 14/19 sitting at 8180 at WOT and it maybe could have had more but I backed off a little.. Think a 15/20 will be too much for it? Where should I go from here with the prop? I know in the dead of summer my rpm's may be right around 8100 but now that its cooler with air from mid 60's to 70's and low humidity I am running a bit high and need to figure out the prop.. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information