Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fzr not as fast as it was

i got a 2012 fzr like the ski but having a little issue , i think my prop is hurt but not sure , i got a piece of wood stuck between prop and wear ring , i got it out but i think that hurt it i can't see visible damage but can it be tweak cause it looks fine, top end is close to the same but out the hole and mid range everybody pull on me rxp 215 , kaw 260, yam 3 seater cruisers, honda f15 , i know my ski should be faster then these guys and right now I'm not, there skis are stock and so is mine if i had to change my prop what should i go wit

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lilsam View Post
    i got a 2012 fzr like the ski but having a little issue , i think my prop is hurt but not sure , i got a piece of wood stuck between prop and wear ring , i got it out but i think that hurt it i can't see visible damage but can it be tweak cause it looks fine, top end is close to the same but out the hole and mid range everybody pull on me rxp 215 , kaw 260, yam 3 seater cruisers, honda f15 , i know my ski should be faster then these guys and right now I'm not, there skis are stock and so is mine if i had to change my prop what should i go wit
    is it cavitating at all out of the hole.

not really i really see a difference low end to mid range

+1
    How many hours on this 2012...

it has 15hrs on it , i got the wood suck in it the first day i got it , so i don't no what it can do if it is a bad boy like everybody calm , right now it suck

+1
    Wood is usually not a problem rocks are more of an issue,
    but it sounds like you may have done something to it, I don't know.

I suggest the Aquavein intake grate by R&D; as I recall that helped my hole shot plus it's something you should add anyway to avoid getting bucked and you can add the PPK at the same time... also dump that restrictive OEM air filter you won't regret it.

I have lined up on bone stock FZ's and I can hole shot them every time with that R&D grate and proper trim control. Hope you get it sorted out.

the piece of wood was wedge in there pretty good , had to remove intake grate to get it out , so what prop and pitch should i go wit

I'm think bout doing a c3 and ecu r3 , fizzle intercooler, free flow exhaust, air filter, intake ring, what prop should i go wit and can i reach my goal of 78 mph

+1
    If you're going to up the boost and get close to 80 mph you may want to get coco's reinforcement kit for your pump tunnel first. A couple of the 2012 models have been cracking...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=185640&page=2

+1
    Sounds like you jacked up your prop pretty good. Can you post a pic of the prop as seen through the intake grate? Kind of moot if you are going to be modding for big numbers anyway, you'll likely swap the prop out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information