06 rxp sea doo coolant issue

Went out today an 30 min into my ride engine warning came on with temp light, no coolant in the RESERVOIR TANK called the seadoo dealership said I could put water into it and got to a marina and had to fill it up again with water, and when I got to the boat ramp 10 min later it was empty again. Checked for leaks where I could see and feel but nothing, where could it be leaking or is there a Bigger Problem! Thanks frank

+1
    Sounds like a head gasket....check your oil for a creamy looking color to the oil...

+1
    is there coolant inside the hull? could be as simple as a bad rusted out hose clamp on the thermostat housing. I have seen two X boats personally that have rusted out these hose clamps.. Sounds to me your a salt rider also.

I don't see any coolant in the hull and I just checked it and the coolant is full now, so it seems like it only leaks when it's running, could that be a clamp? P.s. I I'm a salt rider lol

The oil looks good thanks for the reply let me know if you can think of anything else

+1
    Next time out take the seat off and take a wot blast and see if the coolant is coming out the overflow valve, if it is your head gasket is gone. Also check the drain plug in the rideplate while the ski is on the trailer and make sure its tight.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    could be leaking into the cylinder and burning off during combustion. start it out of the water and look at the color of your exhaust...white "steam" would be an indicator. gL

Well, had this problem a few weeks ago, wasnt a HG issue per say, but the guys at the factory who hadnt torqued the headbolts what so ever when rebuilding the engine. Not even started to streach the bolts. But then again, when I tok the ski up and tok out the drainplugs the water was clearly blue from the coolant. So I knew it came out in the engine compartment somewhere.

Try to use airpreasure to presurise the coolingsystem to see if you can see it drop and possibly find a cracked or loose hose.

If not, do as G0t Bo0sT says, see for white smoke, I have that issue now, sins the HG didnt survive the untorqued head. But then again, its almost not noticeable on the coolant level while runing.

Good luck =)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
    Well, had this problem a few weeks ago, wasnt a HG issue per say, but the guys at the factory who hadnt torqued the headbolts what so ever when rebuilding the engine. Not even started to streach the bolts. But then again, when I tok the ski up and tok out the drainplugs the water was clearly blue from the coolant. So I knew it came out in the engine compartment somewhere.

Try to use airpreasure to presurise the coolingsystem to see if you can see it drop and possibly find a cracked or loose hose.

If not, do as G0t Bo0sT says, see for white smoke, I have that issue now, sins the HG didnt survive the untorqued head. But then again, its almost not noticeable on the coolant level while runing.

Good luck =)
    i notice my coolant drop about 1/4 inch from full within 25hrs of riding, just noticed when i popped the seat open i could smell a little antifreeze. i put another 6hrs on it labor day weekend no problems, but i can still smell some antifreeze im thinking the 100+ heat and bouncing off the rev limiter due to cavitation is overheating the system ?

Thread Information