polaris slx 1200 looking for more speed

i have a stock 2000 polaris slx 1200. looking to do upgrades to make it faster. anyone have any suggestions

also i know these skis are hard to come by. i have actually never seen another one of these. i was just wondering what it is worth because i found a mint honda aquatrax turbo. would anybody be interested in this ski?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is the Honda faster than the SLX?

What GPS speed and engine RPM are you getting currently?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by parryc13 View Post
    i have a stock 2000 polaris slx 1200. looking to do upgrades to make it faster. anyone have any suggestions

also i know these skis are hard to come by. i have actually never seen another one of these. i was just wondering what it is worth because i found a mint honda aquatrax turbo. would anybody be interested in this ski?
    What are the water conditions that you typically ride? The SLX is a pretty fast machine as it is for a factory unit. It can be made faster, but if you ride in anything but flat water, that hull can get quite challenging.

Also, are you asking if anyone would be interested in your SLX and you would buy the Honda, or are you asking if anyone would be interested in the Honda?

Thanks.

4. +1 by:

i used to have a 2000 slx and now have a honda r12x and gp1300r. the slx is a totally different ride from the honda..if you like small and nimble dont even think of going to the honda. it feels huge compared to the slx. doesnt feel as fast but probably is very close to the same if not a bit faster on the top end. the honda is a great pwc for cruising around, its a much more comfortable machine as well. but if youre looking for thrill stay with your slx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by parryc13 View Post

Best bang for the buck for more speed and first upgrade is getting higher compression heads...you want around 150psi heads. Then you will want an impeller to go with the more HP from the heads.

For SLX vs. Honda, depends on the conditions you ride in most and what you are looking for out of your ski...can you describe your riding conditions and what you want out of a ski more?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    hell just post some bs gps #'s like some others have done,thats the cheapest speed mod you'll ever get

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    hell just post some bs gps #'s like some others have done,thats the cheapest speed mod you'll ever get
    LOLZ! No doubt!

Thread Information