Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Steering is hard now, help

Read 2-3 posts about this but no response on how got fixed. I wash my ski very good after every use. I did not move my ski for a month because took it apart to replace the prop (did not have time to reinstall the pump) and now the steering in my 2011 300X is very hard and not fun. Checked for steering recall and everything is fine. Any ideas?

moved everyting in the pump around and seems fine and loose. Have used the ski twice and perfect but very hard steering.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Remove cable from nozzle an see if it's still hstd , sounds like cable is attached wrong

Will do

finally did it and nothing. Disconected the cable from nozzle and still the steering is hard. Checked from begining to end and lubed it and still nothing. Just found a Fu.. sunblock bottle by the steering and removed it but nothing changed.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    finally did it and nothing. Disconected the cable from nozzle and still the steering is hard. Checked from begining to end and lubed it and still nothing. Just found a Fu.. sunblock bottle by the steering and removed it but nothing changed.
    The assy is stiff or the nozel or cable. Did u check where it connects on the steering assy to make sure there no wires or tubes binding on it.

The nozzle is fine and loose. Must be the cable. Everything looks fine. I guess Im going to have to take everything apart to see if the cable is rusted.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    The nozzle is fine and loose. Must be the cable. Everything looks fine. I guess Im going to have to take everything apart to see if the cable is rusted.
    Did u do what I said above ? Disconnect the steering from the cable ? So you can diagnose both there was a recall on the cable did you have yours inspected.

Yes recall inspected and its fine. I disconnected the cable from nozzle, but not the cable from steering. Was trying the easy stuff first because ddd not want to take the steering apart. Any idea on how to disconnect the cable from steering without taking everything apart to reach it?

Banned User
    +1

You don't take anything appart open hood pull out ecu bracket reach up and unclip if from steering same way as the nozel. That's why I said inspect in there to make sure it's not binding on any cables or hoses.

Cool, will do tonight. Thanks man

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information