07 rxt pump nozzle questions

I just changed out the bushings and bolts in the nozzle tonight. I noticed to nozzle can move up and down about 1/16" or so if you jiggle it. I also have an 08 gti 155 se and the pump nozzle doesnt do this. Is it normal to move like that or do I have something wrong?

Is it the pump nozzle or the steering nozzle? The pump nozzle is bolted directly to the pump, no bushings or anything else attaching to it. It should not move at all. The steering nozzle may have some play in it as it is designed to turn side to side and up and down with the trim.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq View Post
    Is it the pump nozzle or the steering nozzle? The pump nozzle is bolted directly to the pump, no bushings or anything else attaching to it. It should not move at all. The steering nozzle may have some play in it as it is designed to turn side to side and up and down with the trim.
    Sorry it's the steering nozzle. The steering nozzle on my gti looks identical with the same bushings and all and it doesnt move up and down at all.
    As far as i know the RXT doesnt have trim on it just the OPAS that move up and down

The OPAS is the little "wings" on the rear corners of the hull, If you have the VTS controls on the left handlebar then you have trim. If you dont then find out where the movement is coming from and determine if it needs to be replaced

Thread Information