Rear Pisser/Water Spout on my 800XL Stopped Working

Hey All,

Took the ski out to Lake Hopatcong this weekend and by the end of the day, my water spout/pisser in the rear that shoots up stopped working. Just to make it clear, not the pisser on the side. I went over a heavy patch of weeds in the water that were floating in a no wake zone. When I pulled into the dock I realized my rear water spout/pisser stopped working. I got home, removed the hose, blew water through it, seemed like it wasn't clogged. I hooked it back up and I am hoping it works next time I take it out. However, my question is, is something wrong with the ski that this spout stopped working? Anything I should look for? I am not a waverunner mechanic, nor do I have that much knowledge with these ski's yet.

I know people say "Get rid of the spout" because many people don't like it, however I like it.

Thanks in advance!

+1
    That spout has nothing to do with engine cooling or operation, so if stopped up or not wont matter. As long as your engine is pissing as strong as ever you are good to go.

I like the gay spray. It screams " IM NEW on STOCK SKI" hehe Will be reinstalling it on my 85mph GPR next summer hoping to reel in some unsuspecting victims to a race ( too chilly to ride with it during winter months)

The side is pissing still strong as ever. However, I am trying to figure out what could be the reason it stopped working?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJFX4GT View Post
    I am trying to figure out what could be the reason it stopped working?
    You're over-thinking this. The hose is a short one so it's easy to clear. It just got a temporary clog as you said from the patch of weeds...and now it's clear.
    You said this..." I got home, removed the hose, blew water through it, seemed like it wasn't clogged. I hooked it back up and I am hoping it works next time I take it out."

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NJFX4GT View Post
    I am trying to figure out what could be the reason it stopped working?
    You're over-thinking this. The hose is a short one so it's easy to clear. It just got a temporary clog as you said from the patch of weeds...and now it's clear.
    You said this..." I got home, removed the hose, blew water through it, seemed like it wasn't clogged. I hooked it back up and I am hoping it works next time I take it out."
    Sorry, I guess I should have phrased my question differently. Would there OR could there be any other reason this would stop working, besides a clog in that line?

+1
    Lucky you. Just take that whole hose off and throw it in the trash, forget it ever existed. That was the best mod I ever did to my ski.

Thread Information