rxt is IBR failure

Let me just start off by saying im so mad right now I cant see straight !!!
    Now that I have that out of the way, I would like some advice or input on the IBR systems.
    I have 2 2009 rxt is machines and a 2010 rxtx, purchased my first 2009 rxt is and put it in the water only to have an engine code light come on in approx 5 seconds and no longer had forward , reverse, or nuetral. Took it to dealer and was told IBR system was bad and needed replaced. Replaced it and all was fine with the machine. Family loved the suspension so much I bought another 2009 rxt is about 4 months ago. Getting ready to take all 3 skis to Lake Norris in Tennessee for an annual trip, just checking them out by firing them up today to check batteries, etc. and the newest ski fires but has a line where the forward nuetral and reverse goes on dash and an engine light come on, run the machine over to my local dealer hoping for a quick and easy fix........... and another bad IBR and needs replaced !!! Got 5 days til trip and down a ski. pretty upset with the whole deal and wondering if anyone can shed any light on this system on this year ski ? Are they just a bad design for that year ? Have no problems with my 2010 and nothing but problems with the 2009's !! Any input would be appreciated.

+1
    I've never had an issue with mine. Two from the same owner? How well do you trust you're dealer?

Different owners , actually took 1st ski to 2 dealers for a second opinion and both had same bad news. 2nd ski is at my local dealer and he is telling me its coding just like the 1st one but with a few new codes.

+1
    I've had many skis with ibr systems and had no issues.
    Something is not right with that batch of ibr from the factory???

Banned User
    +1
    I've pulled mine apart and found a broken plastic 'tooth' in the worm drive... Removed it and it was fine.
    Re-greased everything internally, and sealed the outside with 'rubber' sealant (Sikaflex black).

It used to throw IBR codes, but now it doesn't.

Also check the plug connectors haven't been 'cut' or damaged underneath the dash... I think its 4 plug packs in total.

I have had no problems with my 2010, but didnt know if the the 2009 models had any issues or if there is another fix for the codes ?

+1
    There were some issues with the 09 IBR systems.....The only fix was to replace it with an updated version of the IBR module and firmware updates...

+1
    57 hours on mine without any problems. No one else I know has had any problems with their iBRs either, but we're all running 2012 skis.

I will say this, I initially thought the iBR thing was something of a gimmick, and I had no problems maneuvering my old '08 RXT's. But now that I've had a ski with iBR for a while, I hate riding skis without it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    57 hours on mine without any problems. No one else I know has had any problems with their iBRs either, but we're all running 2012 skis.

I will say this, I initially thought the iBR thing was something of a gimmick, and I had no problems maneuvering my old '08 RXT's. But now that I've had a ski with iBR for a while, I hate riding skis without it.
    +1

Thread Information