Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

09 260X 65HRS Lost power, motor shakin - boost building

last nite was out on the bay & while driving my buddy lost power on my ski while goin about 45-50mph on flat water. the ski stalls out if you dont touch the throttle, when running it has a (misfire) like shaking to the motor with a louder (open sounding) exhaust sound coming from the muffler. engine really didnt have any power eventho the boost gauge would go up, my buddy said he hear a sound like the boost was being dumped

i was able to go above idle in a last ditch effort to get off the bay before night fall but that didnt work out bc i got about 1/2mile at 4mph and the motor stalled.

Oil level good
    Super charger belt & pulley - good / just installed last week
    Motor cranks freely
    Hoses all look good

any ideas guys?

+1
    Spark plugs?

Water in the hull?

no water in the hull except for a cup full if even.

by the time i got towed in it was xlose to 9 so i was limited on looking at the ski

checking plugs 2nite
    checking SC by hand with belt off
    checking for codes
    checking hoses better
    SC belt & pulley spin while engine is cranking & normal speed & sound

Banned User
    +1

I'd check your pump especially if you have not upgraded it to the 2011 specs. As well however I don't think that's your running issue. Also check the oil for milk.

5. +1 by:

Unfortunately, from what you are describing, sounds like your Pump Bearing may have went out. Is this the Stock Specs Bump Bearing setup on this Ski? Take a good flashlight and look into the back of the Pump. Do you see any "space" at all between the impeller and the Pump lining? JB

i can say this (like in the other post) i checked the oil last nite, not milky and full.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Unfortunately, from what you are describing, sounds like your Pump Bearing may have went out. Is this the Stock Specs Bump Bearing setup on this Ski? Take a good flashlight and look into the back of the Pump. Do you see any "space" at all between the impeller and the Pump lining? JB
    If the oilH light did not go on then it most likely did not if it did and did not go on then he may of gotten lucky only one way to find out though.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    If the oilH light did not go on then it most likely did not if it did and did not go on then he may of gotten lucky only one way to find out though.
    I do not recall my Oil Light being on or off. If there is any "appreciable" space between the impeller and the liner . . . . that is not good.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisu1 View Post
    last nite was out on the bay & while driving my buddy lost power on my ski while goin about 45-50mph on flat water. the ski stalls out if you dont touch the throttle, when running it has a (misfire) like shaking to the motor with a louder (open sounding) exhaust sound coming from the muffler. engine really didnt have any power eventho the boost gauge would go up, my buddy said he hear a sound like the boost was being dumped

i was able to go above idle in a last ditch effort to get off the bay before night fall but that didnt work out bc i got about 1/2mile at 4mph and the motor stalled.

Oil level good
    Super charger belt & pulley - good / just installed last week
    Motor cranks freely
    Hoses all look good

any ideas guys?
    this sounds to me like he has a exhaust hose issue that is choking the motor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    or loose hose on the intake system !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people always jump to the destroyed engine........Its not the be all end all situation fellas , these ski DO last ok

its very easy to give wrong advise when the OP give the wrong info

Waz

well found out BOTH coil packs went at once......switched with a buddies of mine and the ski starts and runs like a top again.

does that sound strange or just dumb luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information