+1

Hi Newbie Here on GH!

I'm Kang,

I new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I grew riding jet skis but finally got to purchase my own ski yesterday. I just picked up a 2007 GP1300R bone stock with 43 hours on it. I'm excited to check out the rest of the forum and see what I can do to this ski. I have already looked at the sticky NEW to site and want to have a fast SKI? LOOK HERE before POSTING". Since I put all my savings into buying the jet ski the mods will have to come at minimal with the best bang for the buck.

Is the Riva Stage1 kit a good starting point???
    I do have a couple of questions though. I grew up riding a '97 GP1200, what is going to be the difference riding wise between the skis. I notice that the hull on the GPR is bigger and wider so does it maneuver as well? Is launching from a dig as quick as the GP1200? I ask this because my buddy has a '99 GP1200 and the last thing I want to do is lose to an older ski.

I'm very glad to be part of the community here and do look forward to some interactions with the people here.

Thanks,

Kang

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk

+1
    Hey welcome to the club..

Take some time ( a lot ) to look around here, so you know a bit of the gpr`s tricks.
    Just buy a kit is great, but its better to understand what you want to pay, and go step by step.

Try to find out what is done, ( you sure its stock? )

Place some pics of engine, everybody loves pictures over here..

Good luck!

+1
    Thanks guys, I'll try to get some pictures up when I can

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTo13g View Post
    I'm Kang,

I new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I grew riding jet skis but finally got to purchase my own ski yesterday. I just picked up a 2007 GP1300R bone stock with 43 hours on it. I'm excited to check out the rest of the forum and see what I can do to this ski. I have already looked at the sticky NEW to site and want to have a fast SKI? LOOK HERE before POSTING". Since I put all my savings into buying the jet ski the mods will have to come at minimal with the best bang for the buck.

Is the Riva Stage1 kit a good starting point???
    I do have a couple of questions though. I grew up riding a '97 GP1200, what is going to be the difference riding wise between the skis. I notice that the hull on the GPR is bigger and wider so does it maneuver as well? Is launching from a dig as quick as the GP1200? I ask this because my buddy has a '99 GP1200 and the last thing I want to do is lose to an older ski.

I'm very glad to be part of the community here and do look forward to some interactions with the people here.

Thanks,

Kang
    From the reading I've done, the old GP1200 is a little more playful and fun to toss around compared to the GPRs. But the GPR hull is pretty much the best ever for high speed freaks and it'll be better in the chop compared to the old GP1200.
    And its also been said here that the GPR holeshot sucks. But there are a few mods you can do that'll bring that holeshot way better. Seal the pump shoe, install a jetworks valve to keep the exhaust drier at idle, install an impeller that matches your engine setup, check wear ring to impeller clearance and correct it if its out of spec, aftermarket intake grate, and higher compression cylinder head.

+1
    I have both style skis,I have a 99gp800,and a 01 gp800r,so my 2 skis are the exact same engine but diff hulls,the 99 is more playful cause its a little lighter and its holeshot is a little better,but the gpr is a way better design,it corners way better and is way smoother in the chop.its a night and day difference between the two hulls,but they are both fun in their own ways

Thread Information