+1

SEADOO made a good showing at the R5 water X races this past weekend

The last 2 races of the year for R5 were this last weekend in Baytown, TX.
    I raced my Seadoo in the R/A limited closed course and took 2nd overall for both days,
    Josh Penko raced his Seadoo 08-X in the R/A stock class and Limited class and took 2nd in stock and 3rd in limited class, both days
    Joseph Roberts raced his stock class seadoo in the Pro/Am R/A Stock Class and won 1st overall both days,
    His ski is Stock class legal and it was the only ski able to keep up with the kawi 300's,

There were 2 stock class kawi 300's there and they would beat the X ski and my ski all day long in closed course racing,
    I was a tad bit faster in the straight away but once he got the hole shot on me, it was hard to cath them,

I had a exhaust hose clamp come off on Friday's practice day, and managed to keep it on until the last lap moto 3 on Sunday,
    I was coming across the finish line on Moto 3 and my hose clamp blew, but I finished the race and took 3rd. but 2nd overall for the day,
    The team that built Joseph Roberts(osr racing) ski did a real good job, that ski was fast, it has a les cooke ECU, and a Stock 2011 intercooler, a stock X charger, and that is as much as he told me,
    I am going to take the carbon hat contraption out and go from there for next year,
    pictures to follow monday

+1
    videos?

+1
    Great job dude!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    The last 2 races of the year for R5 were this last weekend in Baytown, TX.
    I raced my Seadoo in the R/A limited closed course and took 2nd overall for both days,
    Josh Penko raced his Seadoo 08-X in the R/A stock class and Limited class and took 2nd in stock and 3rd in limited class, both days
    Joseph Roberts raced his stock class seadoo in the Pro/Am R/A Stock Class and won 1st overall both days,
    His ski is Stock class legal and it was the only ski able to keep up with the kawi 300's,

There were 2 stock class kawi 300's there and they would beat the X ski and my ski all day long in closed course racing,
    I was a tad bit faster in the straight away but once he got the hole shot on me, it was hard to cath them,

I had a exhaust hose clamp come off on Friday's practice day, and managed to keep it on until the last lap moto 3 on Sunday,
    I was coming across the finish line on Moto 3 and my hose clamp blew, but I finished the race and took 3rd. but 2nd overall for the day,
    The team that built Joseph Roberts(osr racing) ski did a real good job, that ski was fast, it has a les cooke ECU, and a Stock 2011 intercooler, a stock X charger, and that is as much as he told me,
    I am going to take the carbon hat contraption out and go from there for next year,
    pictures to follow monday

+1

SEADOO made a good showing at the R5 water X races this past weekend

I was there and got to watch Joseph race, he is unbelievably fast on the water. They did a damn good job on that ski.

Thank you for all the kind words!

+1
    I have to say it was a great year of racing. Ronnie you are an inspiration to me. I know I have MANY more years of racing. JK. ALL of the above mentioned races, Ronnie, Josh and Joseph are all great racers on some very good and fast skis and are truely class acts, great sportsmen, and people I consider friends. (even though you three ride Sea Doos) It was a pleasure meeting all of you and spending the time both on and off the water. World Finals here R5 comes. Best of luck to you Joseph at WF. Since we will be on the line together in Amateur all I can really say is good luck. Sorry I can't say I hope you win it. LOL In all honesty finishing behind as great a racer as you would still be an honor. Ride fast and safe in all your races. See you there.
    I did run Josh's P-X one moto. It is Round 7 Stock Moto 3 I have a video of it on my youtube channel. Josh and I swapped up skis for fun since our overalls were decided by then. So here all of you can give me crap about racing on a Sea Doo but cut me some slack, I did still win the moto. I am uploading that video right now so it will be up shortly and the remaining videos tomorrow from that weekend.

lasportsmn300x on youtube

Thread Information