Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Fogging the Naturally Aspirated 1.8L Engine

I've read a lot of differing opinons about the best way to fog the Yamaha Naturally Aspirated 1.8L engine. I was planning on using the Yamaha Stor-Rite Engine Fogging Oil, is this good? or is there a better fogging oil? And really what I want to know is should it be fogged by spraying the oil into the intake or should it be sprayed directly into the cylinders or both? Is there any downside to spraying it into the spark plug holes? because it only says spray in the intake on the stor-rite bottle. THanks.

I have 2 '10 FXHOs with the 1.8.
    If i'm fogging as part of winterization, I pull the rubber intake tube off and spray into the throttle body for a few seconds with the engine running then shut it off and pull all 4 plugs and spray for a couple of seconds into each hole then hit the starter for a few seconds to let the cylinders move up and down and distribute the oil then put the plugs back in.
    Make sure you hold onto the spray tube on the can so it doesnt fall into a spark plug hole-- someone had it fall into their cylinder and had to pull the head off to get it out.
    Yamaha fogging oil is good but so is any name brand-- my local autozone carries stabil brand fogging oil so i just use that.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Good info...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboater View Post
    I have 2 '10 FXHOs with the 1.8.
    If i'm fogging as part of winterization, I pull the rubber intake tube off and spray into the throttle body for a few seconds with the engine running then shut it off and pull all 4 plugs and spray for a couple of seconds into each hole then hit the starter for a few seconds to let the cylinders move up and down and distribute the oil then put the plugs back in.
    Make sure you hold onto the spray tube on the can so it doesnt fall into a spark plug hole-- someone had it fall into their cylinder and had to pull the head off to get it out.
    Yamaha fogging oil is good but so is any name brand-- my local autozone carries stabil brand fogging oil so i just use that.
    Yeah thanks, that's pretty much what I had in mind and I think if you hold down the stop button while cranking it won't fire the spark plugs.

Does anyone else have any methods/opinons for fogging the NA 1.8?

No need to hold down the stop button--- it won't fire with all 4 plugs out!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Y
    yeah no kidding!I use some tape to make sure the spray wand stays where it belongs. I've switched over to a brand that has a really long spray wand..I can keep the can level and directly juice the plug holes. Short wands mean the propellant gets out before all the oil does.
    ----
    for good measure I slip a little anti seize on the old plugs before replacing them . I'd advise fresh plugs in spring after you have burned off the fogging oil

+1
    Anyone have a photo of the rubber intake tube...it will be my first time fogging a 1.8...thanks

No pictures but It's the 2 3/4 inch diameter black rubber tube that runs between the air cleaner and the throttle body

+1
    If I didn't know that I shouldn't even be allowed to take the seat off a ski haha. I mean after the plugs and everything are back in for one last crank to get the fog oil every where, and that's if you were only spraying into the intake and didn't take the plugs out in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    If I didn't know that I shouldn't even be allowed to take the seat off a ski haha. I mean after the plugs and everything are back in for one last crank to get the fog oil every where, and that's if you were only spraying into the intake and didn't take the plugs out in the first place.
    Sorry! Hope i didn't offend you!
    Wgat i do is spin the engine with the plugs out to distribute the fogging oil then put the plugs back in and then leave it til,spring.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information