Thread: X Hour Services

+1

X Hour Services

My ski is about to hit 50 hours and I am contemplating taking it to the dealer for the "50 hour Service".
    Does anyone know the list of things that will be done?
    Also is there any advantages of taking it to the dealer.
    Does it do anything for the warranty if the periodic services are done at the dealer.

I would like to start doing things myself if possible. I would rather put the money saved into performance upgrades( and the metal washers)....

Any info on the services would be great....

basically, go over the entire ski. make sure everything is tight (hose clamps, bolts..ect). get a can of bomb. lube and spray everthing. check electrical connections, mpem, ecu...ect. change pump grease, oil change. make sure trim works, steerign is straight..all of that stuff. compression check. get yourself a shop manual it will tell you everything that should be done and how to do it.

as far as doing your own maintaince affecting warranty... it really depends on your dealer. i find that i am more knowledgable than most "certified techs" so i feel i am more qualified to do the job. just keep records of everything, take pics (oil filters, compression gauge when u check, spark plugs) keep reciepts form when you bought the oil and filters. i started an excel file and just put as much info in it as possible whenever i do an oil change or service.

whatever rediculous amount of money they charge for service you can do it yourself in about an hour and only spend money on whatever parts you need (oil, filter..ect). winterization is the same thing. its usually about $150. i did mine in less than an hour and for about 15-$20 in parts. what a rip.

$150 isn't all that bad for serivce my dealer said its going to be anywhere from $250-$280 for service.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRXP View Post
    $150 isn't all that bad for serivce my dealer said its going to be anywhere from $250-$280 for service.
    good god! wat the hell they doin to it? hope that comes with a happy ending...

I know it sounds a bit excessive. I think when it comes time to do any service to the ski I will be taking it elsewhere or do it myself.

+1
    Thanks mxl16, just bought myself a shop manual and going to try some things myself. I have not been overlyimpressed by the skills of the local shop here anyways..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
    good god! wat the hell they doin to it? hope that comes with a happy ending...

Thread Information