Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jumping Advise

+1

Jumping Advise

Guys, although I am a speed junkie, a couple of my posts are related to the situations I have encountered when jumping waves, specially high ones, which is what I like most. I have been trying to gain experience and I am confortable to say that I currently handle 8 foot waves without a problem. Once you spend some time airborn, you start to feel confortable to try new tricks. Unfortunatelly, my last two superman attempts almost ended in Me landing with my crutch against the seat, something I would like to avoid on the future!!! I can safely release one or both hands on the air. I also bend my knees in the air and back. I would like any adivise on how to perform a correct superman. I know that attacking a wave before if breaks on you is one thing, and that you need a good jumping angle in order to ensure that the nose flights right up so that you can land the bike on itīs ass. But if there anyting else that I should take into acount or I need to do? I have been told that I have flown over 20 feet in the air. I think that I will stop pushing the matter once I reache over 30 feet jumps (jaaaaa, its never too high, but its a reasonable measuring point!). But..... when does it become unsafe for... the driver? ... the bike? I already purchased a couple of 1100 ghp rule pumps in case the carbon seal gives out. Engine mounts are still oem. But, will the hull break? Or something else? Hope the pilot doesnīt break!

I think my question comes back to this: "is it a matter of just aproaching a big wave at wot or nearly wot and try the kick in the air to get the superman done, or is there any additional practice needed in the middle to get the job done with a reasonable degree of certanty that the landing is going to be a safe one! Any input in the matter is highly apreciated since I would like to avoid sending picks from the hospital.

Regards to all, and have a nice weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 - copia.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	282543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13-copia.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	282546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 - copia.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	282544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27 - copia.JPG 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	282545

Nice!!! Good job on wearing a helmet too!!

+1
    Looks like you are getting it done to me. Don't change a thing. You might break a toe doing a Superman. Thanks for sharing.

forget the superman, show us a backflip

+1
    Give a call to Dustin F. lol!

Name:	546047_480356931983121_815318810_n.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	282606

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Fosca View Post
    Guys, although I am a speed junkie, a couple of my posts are related to the situations I have encountered when jumping waves, specially high ones, which is what I like most. I have been trying to gain experience and I am confortable to say that I currently handle 8 foot waves without a problem. Once you spend some time airborn, you start to feel confortable to try new tricks. Unfortunatelly, my last two superman attempts almost ended in Me landing with my crutch against the seat, something I would like to avoid on the future!!! I can safely release one or both hands on the air. I also bend my knees in the air and back. I would like any adivise on how to perform a correct superman. I know that attacking a wave before if breaks on you is one thing, and that you need a good jumping angle in order to ensure that the nose flights right up so that you can land the bike on itīs ass. But if there anyting else that I should take into acount or I need to do? I have been told that I have flown over 20 feet in the air. I think that I will stop pushing the matter once I reache over 30 feet jumps (jaaaaa, its never too high, but its a reasonable measuring point!). But..... when does it become unsafe for... the driver? ... the bike? I already purchased a couple of 1100 ghp rule pumps in case the carbon seal gives out. Engine mounts are still oem. But, will the hull break? Or something else? Hope the pilot doesnīt break!

I think my question comes back to this: "is it a matter of just aproaching a big wave at wot or nearly wot and try the kick in the air to get the superman done, or is there any additional practice needed in the middle to get the job done with a reasonable degree of certanty that the landing is going to be a safe one! Any input in the matter is highly apreciated since I would like to avoid sending picks from the hospital.

Regards to all, and have a nice weekend!

Name:	3 - copia.JPG 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	282543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13-copia.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	282546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 - copia.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	282544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27 - copia.JPG 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	282545
    No lifejacket or am I missing something? Glad u wear a helmet! I need one

+1
    Nice air

+1
    Wow, nice jump. looking forward to something like that. Will call him.
    Since my lifejacket is a black Jet pilot vest, i wear it under the yellow training suit to expose as much of the yellow in case you fall in the waves, so you can be spotted quickly and picked up if the bike goes away in the wave. Always be save. Knee protectors also help a lot.
    Will try to get some more air and post some pics.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    Supermans are not as easy as you think to pull off, the more time you spend u there, the more natural it feels. I started by jumping, then jumping with both feet on one side of the craft, it the footwell recess. After that started doing one foot can cans. If it goes wrong, the advantage of being on one side of the craft is you can push yourself away from it and land in water, not on top of the craft in a crumpled heap! Next was two foot can cans, slinging both feet up and to the side, after that was one handers and then supermans. Have still to master the no hander, I keep missing the bars and going over the top of the ski.....

As for the right waves, WOT or not, personally I like to go into the base of the wave slow and then nail it as you climb vertical on the wave so the thrust puts you up high and not forwards to much. That said for supermans, you need forwards as well as height. I am sure you will get there, it looks very good from the pictures.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    You must learn from this guy. He is the Yoda of jumping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information