Can I fit a GP1300R stator to a GP800R?

Hi, first post, but won't be my last!

I currently have my 800R in pieces, due to having the hull resprayed, and the bendix/starter reduction gears jamming up and falling apart then being fired at the stator (which is now wrecked) by the flywheel!

I have all of my parts sorted (rebulit the starter, secondhand OEM bendix, gasket kit etc) except for the stator. I thought that was done too though!

I bought a NOS OEM stator from eBay that was listed as suitable for GP800R and Blaster 3, but it is much different to my current unit.

The wiring plugs are different, there are also less wires, and the copper windings are greater in number, but smaller in size - I guess this should be OK though?

Now, I assumed that it would not fit, even if I changed the plugs, but having looked about (eBay.com) many adverts claim that the 1300 stator is also suitable for the 800. Is this true? If so, what do I need to make this work?

I was so pleased with finding a brand new one as well!

Here's a few pics:

Original, removed from ski. See the wiring plugs?

New 'GP1300R' stator and wiring.

Part number

Any advice is appreciated. Need to get this thing back together as soon as I can!

Thanks, Liam.

+1
    The 1300 alternator is designed to put out more since the battery has to power the electric fuel pump,injectors ,and bilge pump along with another coil. and the regulator is designed to handle it.

It may fit and work fine but if you have to use the 1300 regulator they are a little more than the 800.

I would recommend finding an 800 alternator that you could just bolt in and plug in and sell the 1300 to recoup your money.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    The 1300 alternator is designed to put out more since the battery has to power the electric fuel pump,injectors ,and bilge pump along with another coil. and the regulator is designed to handle it.

It may fit and work fine but if you have to use the 1300 regulator they are a little more than the 800.

I would recommend finding an 800 alternator that you could just bolt in and plug in and sell the 1300 to recoup your money.
    Pretty much what I was thinking tbh mate. Only downside is, I am going to end up with a used one now more than likely. Unless you know a decent, cheap source for them? Probably will cost me about 50 USD in shipping to England too.

Thanks for the reply.

+1
    There are places that can rebuild your stator,I forgot their name,but it was around $120 with a 1 yr warranty

Quote Originally Posted by silvercrxsir View Post
    There are places that can rebuild your stator,I forgot their name,but it was around $120 with a 1 yr warranty
    I tried this approach first, but had no luck. One company of maybe a dozen emailed repsonded to me.
    120 USD isn't bad imo. Better than a random second hand part!

+1
    Did you ever get this to work?

+1
    Totally different coils , the GP1300R coil wont work at all . What did you eventually do ?

Thread Information