Intake Grate Problems

Hello...

I am having some issues with my ski. I am slowly upgrading things on my 2006 Sea Doo RXT, and noticed that my stock intake grate was broken. So, I went on to this site and ordered the Riva Grate and installed it according to the instructions provided with it. Well, everything was running great, I am running it on a fresh water lake, water was choppy...next thing I know is that it doesnt have the take-off like it did. I get back to shore, park it for about 30 mins and then I notice that the rear end is sitting really low in the water. I go to it and pop the seat and see that my ski is sinking. I back the trailer down and put it on...once out of the water, I see water pouring out of the forward screw hole of the intake grate and the grate is missing! (fastest $150 I have spent, only in water one weekend)

I dont remember hitting anything, and there is no major trailing damage or leading damage at that! So, I guess my questions are...what is the best way to fix this problem (hull repair, replacement of new grate), and has this ever happened to anyone before?

That would scare the bejesus out of me. Did u threadlock all the bolts back in?

+1
    First of all Welcome to the Hulk!

When you installed the Riva grate did you torque each bolt down to 22-24 Ft-Lbs and use Blue Loctite 243? Did you let it set for 24 hours before you used the ski?

I did torque the bolts and use the locktite....I let it set up for a week....it doesnt make much sense..lol...it is like it was ripped out without damaging anything around it except the nut plates that attached the grate to the hull.

+1
    WOW!

Are the bolt inserts ripped out or damaged? Take a few pictures and post them up......

This is very puzzling for sure...........

I am sorry for the delay, I have been out of town on official orders...but I will post pics this weekend. I have not even had the time to really get down and dirty with it. I hope with the picks and your advice I can prevent this from happening again!

Thread Information