anybody running Riva Supercharged Sea Doo RXT Stage I Kit

and what does this mean? Special Note: Riva does NOT recommend installing the 2 degree Pump Wedge without an aftermarket intake grate such as RXT Part Number RS22055. Installing the 2 degree pump wedge with the factory Sea-Doo intake grate can cause unpredictable handling characteristics.
    thinking about doing this when i get about 30hrs on the ski. it seems worth the moner rather than trying to go one part at a time. anything else i need to know? thanks. chris

Yea im lookin' to throw the stage 1 kit in myself shortly,im wanting to do the waterbox mod also.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what speeds are you guys hitting now with your RXTs.... what mods are isntalled? i'm looking to "mildly" mod my RXT, but kind of waiting for others to take the lead so i know what works and what the gains are.

what GPS speeds do your skis run currently?

I picked up my RXT last Friday. Started doing the mods yesterday.
    I removed the O.P.A.S. sysyem. Put on a R&D intake grate will also try the Riva grate since I have both.Put on the Riva K&N filter and also installed the vortech supercharger impeller. Tomorrow I will mod the waterbox and install the free-flo exhaust kit. I run a double bearing pump moded by Impros. I will be starting with a 12/22 prop from Skat Trac since the one Riva has for the Stage 2 kit is not available yet. I also have a 2 degree and a 2 1/2 degree wedge will experiment with both.Will be ordering the RR intercooler tomorrow also, tired of waiting on Riva.
    My GPS speed stock was 65.4 at 7900 RPMs which was a little disapointing but I guess it is in line with what it should be since I weigh 250 lbs.
    With the intake grate,filter kit and super charger impeller O.P.A.S off
    GPS 67.2 RPMs 8100.
    Hope my prop makes it in before next weekend, if so will install prop and wedge and see what happens.
    I haven't seen much info on venturi nozzles for the RXT

Currently running a stock RXT, managed to get a GPS speed of 64.5mph, before running out of space on the lake, think it might have pulled another 0.5mph given a bit more space.

Hoping to get the stage 1 kit fitted within the next couple of weeks, i will post the new speeds, once its been fitted.

Too Shibby 1485
    If you are only doing a few mods probably the first I would do would be the intake grate,it will eliminate the cavitation and hookup much quicker.
    The Riva grate is 129.95 the R&D is I think 119.95. I think the Riva is just a little better for top end,but both are good.The filter kit is also a must as far as I am concerned it sure helps it breath better. You can hear the supercharger through it.I wouldn't be too concerned about props and repitching unless you decide to do more mods.You may just look at the Stage 1 kit it is less than $800 whereas the Stag 2 is close to $3000 which is what I am doing to mine.
    Good luck with your ski and hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
    Any technical guestions just ask Hulk. Jerry is very knowledgeable and will help you any way he can. Keep us posted and I will as well.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    took my RXT out today... altho it was my second time, i really consider it my first ride on it... the first time was a 45 min ride jsut before sunset the day i picked it up.

Anyways, today i spend about 3.5 hours on it... varied throttle ALOT... let it see all the rpms range with some wide open throtle bursts. The ski now has 4.2 hours.

on a 5 second WOT throttle run.... RPMS were 8100..... Digital Speedo said 69-70mph... kept bouncing back and forth.

i did not have my GPS with me today, forgot it at home will make sure i bring it next time.

the power is jsut UNREAL coming from a NA 4-tec... i can only imagine what an RXP feels like... but i am so happy with my RXT and the acceleration is has is unreal... especially in the mid-range.

however, the hole shot isn't anything to boast about too much... much improvement for me, but kinda weak when u pin it from a dead stop... hole shot is best when you give it gas first, then pen it to like 3/4 throttle, then WOT.... is that how they all are, where it seems to be sluggish outta the hole when u pin it WOT from a dead stop? or will some kind of mod fix this issue?

The intake grate helps this a lot. You will probably be disappointed when you put the GPS on it. The first time I opened mine up was with 3 hours on it and it peggeg the 70 MPH also. The next day I took my GPS and only GPS'ed 65.4. Speedometer is on 70 when I'm doing 63.
    I did my waterbox mod yesterday,having it welded today haven't picked it up yet. Also did the free flow exhaust. Got the pipe at a muffler shop.
    2 1/2 inch piece of tailpipe 8 1/2 inch long works great would prefer stainless but this will work till I find a piece of stainless. Cost $3.00.
    So the price was right.Sure gives it a great sound.

Thread Information