Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2002 Ultra 130 DI, good deal?

I found an Ultra 130 DI for sale near me for $1800 and it seems like a great deal. Nothing seems to be wrong with it and it appears to be in great condition, any input?

+1

2002 Ultra 130 DI, good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by sxi750 View Post
    I found an Ultra 130 DI for sale near me for $1800 and it seems like a great deal. Nothing seems to be wrong with it and it appears to be in great condition, any input?
    I would have a compression check done. The ultra hull is a blast to ride!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The DI system is junk........

It's not junk.
    It's the ignorant people who mess up and don't know how to fix and then blame on the machine.
    It's the loose nut that's connecting the handlebar to the seat - that's junk.

5. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Tons of info on the DI systems over in the Polaris section. I think Kawi used the same Ficht system. It's also the same DI system used on Evinrude outboards.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    It's not junk.
    It's the ignorant people who mess up and don't know how to fix and then blame on the machine.
    No need to make personal attacks, I had several DI skis when the first came out and every one of them spent a lot of time in the shop.....so to me that equals JUNK....I didnt work on them so I would appreciate it if you shut the fuck up with the personal attacks......
    Last edited by Aquaholic6801; 09-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.

+1
    The usual, compression check, look it over real good..underneath, into the pump, etc. Water test for at least 20 minutes.

My wife has the same motor and injection setup in her 2000 1100STX-DI. It's still running perfect, never a problem whatsoever.
    Just make sure you maintain the cooling system in these, cuz' a clog, even a partial one will cook the computer.

BRP / etec outboards is the patient holder for the ficht technology gained when omc was bought out, its a dam good direct fuel injection sys, make sure water flows through the computer to keep it cool and allow no water to get into the fuel tank or fuel delivery system, a good 30 min on water test with a prebuy inspection would be required, and the ultras do ride/handle great.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    It's not junk.
    No need to make personal attacks, I had several DI skis when the first came out and every one of them spent a lot of time in the shop.....so to me that equals JUNK....I didnt work on them so I would appreciate it if you shut the fuck up with the personal attacks......
    Unlike you, I have worked on them.
    Since you never did and don't have anything postive to write here, you SHUT THE FUCK UP and LEAVE this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZ View Post
    The usual, compression check, look it over real good..underneath, into the pump, etc. Water test for at least 20 minutes.

My wife has the same motor and injection setup in her 2000 1100STX-DI. It's still running perfect, never a problem whatsoever.
    Just make sure you maintain the cooling system in these, cuz' a clog, even a partial one will cook the computer.
    +1000.
    Exactly, the proper cooling is the KEY on the DI system because the ECU aka EMM is water cooled.
    People who suck up sand or whatever trash to overheat the ski also unknowingly cooked the EMM. Then they think EMM just went bad by itself. They just replace the bad EMM at $1000+ think the problem is fixed. But the EMM goes bad again because they never fixed the cooling issue. Those are the poeple who are bad mouthing the FICHT DI system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information