Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prop Refurb

+1

Prop Refurb

What do the prop shops do to the impellers for a refurb? Check and correct pitch? Clean up / repair dings, dents, cracks, cavitation burns? What if the overall diameter has been reduced due to wear? Do they check it and weld on new material to ensure the proper diameter?

Looking at sending out a few props, and want to know exactly what is addressed......

Thanks as always!!

Banned User
    +1
    all of the above. They come back good as new or maybe even better. I sent my last one to Skat Trak. I may do Impros this time around. I have heard their turn around time can be kind of slow sometimes, so I will do it in the off season so it wont matter.

+1
    Thanks Bryan. What's the typical cost all in with shipping?

Banned User
    +1
    My last one was $140 bucks, but it was pretty messed up. I would figure maybe around 120 with shipping for most props. Check out Impros.com

+1
    http://www.shopsbt.com/jet-skis/jet-ski-impellers.html

$60 and they will use the impeller you send them if you want them to

I thought about sending my impeller of rather than just buying a new one. I would think they would need the pump housing to get the clearance right.

The main reason I was swinging this way is the last prop I bought (Solas) had more clearance than what I would have liked. It was on a Seadoo with a brand new wear ring. The doo had an aluminum prop that needed upgraded anyways but the polaris I have now has a stainless one. Looks factory too!

Banned User
    +1
    The only issue I had with the SBT program was twice I didn't get back what I sent them. First I sent out one for a 650 and got one back that was actually for a 750, and they told me they use the same spec for both. Second time I sent out a 371 from a SLT 780 and I got back a Nujet type prop, that seems like its not enough prop for the 780 we put it on. Thats my only reservation about sending one to them. The props they sent back looked perfect however. We got one for my friend's SLT 750, which was an 035 that worked out awesome.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
    I thought about sending my impeller of rather than just buying a new one. I would think they would need the pump housing to get the clearance right.

The main reason I was swinging this way is the last prop I bought (Solas) had more clearance than what I would have liked. It was on a Seadoo with a brand new wear ring. The doo had an aluminum prop that needed upgraded anyways but the polaris I have now has a stainless one. Looks factory too!

They restore the prop back to stock diameter. As long as your wear ring isnt worn it will be great. The prop I got back from Skat had about .004 clearance.

Re: Prop Refurb

sbt wont accept SS prop, only alum. or maybe it was the other way around, dont remember

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imsobored152 View Post
    sbt wont accept SS prop, only alum. or maybe it was the other way around, dont remember
    It must be stainless only because they will do Polaris props and they were all OEM stainless.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information