Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noticed water coming out of yellow valve during flush, is it normal?

This is the first time I notice this, water coming out of the yellow valve in the back of the jet pump during engine flush, is it normal or is this some kind of indication that something else could be wrong? I appreciate any advice,

Thanks

Talal
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EngineFlush.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	282686

+1
    What ski is this on?

+1

Noticed water coming out of yellow valve during flush, is it normal?

No it is not normal, that is a rubber grommet that has a restrictor washer inside it. The pump sends water thru the restrictor to the exhaust manifold, IC, and waterbox. Remove the pump and see if it is damaged, pinched or cut. Replace if required.

this is on a 2009 RXT 215

jpt7779 Thanks, I tried to identify this part using the sea doo parts schematic but I couldn't find the part number in the jet pump drawing. Do you know what the part number is?

Thanks,

T.

+1
    I had this on my 2010 155 and my dealer said it was normal, he did explain why but I don't remember what he said.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Talloula View Post
    jpt7779 Thanks, I tried to identify this part using the sea doo parts schematic but I couldn't find the part number in the jet pump drawing. Do you know what the part number is?

Thanks,

T.
    Here you go, part #12 on propulsion page, http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...gSubmit=Search

see bottom of page for part

Go thru Watercraft, Seadoo, Year, model ski, propulsion page, part #12

BTW, shspowersports has great pricing and discounts everything 15% and shows the part numbers. I use them for all my OEM parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepauly View Post
    I had this on my 2010 155 and my dealer said it was normal, he did explain why but I don't remember what he said.
    As usual the "dealer" is full of shit!

JT,

Thanks for the link, I am going to remove the pump tomorrow and see if anything looks out of the ordinary, I did replace the wear ring myself recently so my first thought when I saw the water back there was maybe the 4 bolts holding the pump became a little loose.

+1
    The rubber grommet around the washer is probably not centered up in its location on the back of the pump, and got pinched. Simply place a little dab of grease or silicone to hold it in place while you re-install the pump, should be good to go!

JT,

you were absolutely right, the rubber grommet was pinched, so I ordered a new one, thanks for the link!
    But the leak remained, I made sure the new one is seated correctly and the pump bolts are securely tightened. The leak was less than before but this time it is from two places, the yellow washer and the two holes to the right of it that lead to the venturi (at least I think that's what those are for)

So I took the pump off and examined the seal, and the rubber gaskets on these two holes, everything looks ok, the only thing I can think of, since this started happening after I replaced the wear ring, that the new wear ring, which was very hard to install, took lots of force to go in, so I'm thinking that it might be sticking out a bit and touching the pump well wall preventing a 100% seal.

I took some pictures to show the holes were water was coming out of during the flush, and of the wear ring edge.
    Unfortunately I didn't take measurements or pictures of the original factory wear ring to see how far it should stick out.

Name:	Leak1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	283563

Name:	Leak2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	283564

Name:	Leak3.jpg