2000 RX "pissers" clogged?

So I picked up a RX on Friday and got to take it out on Sunday (yesterday). Was running well and everything seemed fine until it started to sink!!! Didnt help that I was in an alligator infested river Long story short got it home and found that the "water intake" hose had a huge sliced in it.
    (I use water intake hose loosely since I haveno clue what it is really called, this is my first ski)

It appears the hose got stuck under the driveshaft somehow and took a gash right out of it. I think it may have been a hose clamp that was spinning.

I got the hose replaced and hooked the hose up the check for any other leaks. I noticed the front port side hull "pisser" (is this the correct term?) had zero water coming out of it. The front starboard side was working properly. Checked under the hood and noticed all the stock grey tempo lines were still in place. I ran out of time to pick up new hose for these. Does anyone know what size this hose is? It also appears that the left side and right side join at the T and then it run to the fuel tank? I am completely new to skis so bear with me. The cooling system is throwing me through a loop so far.

So it it normal for the two "pissers" to join at at T and then run to the fuel tank? I made sure there were no more Tempo lines left over. Also I noticed my intake (aftermarket racing intake) did not have any type of clamps on it. Is this normal or just another half assed mistake?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sstrawsb View Post
    So I picked up a RX on Friday and got to take it out on Sunday (yesterday). Was running well and everything seemed fine until it started to sink!!! Didnt help that I was in an alligator infested river Long story short got it home and found that the "water intake" hose had a huge sliced in it.
    (I use water intake hose loosely since I haveno clue what it is really called, this is my first ski)

It appears the hose got stuck under the driveshaft somehow and took a gash right out of it. I think it may have been a hose clamp that was spinning.

I got the hose replaced and hooked the hose up the check for any other leaks. I noticed the front port side hull "pisser" (is this the correct term?) had zero water coming out of it. The front starboard side was working properly. Checked under the hood and noticed all the stock grey tempo lines were still in place. I ran out of time to pick up new hose for these. Does anyone know what size this hose is? It also appears that the left side and right side join at the T and then it run to the fuel tank? I am completely new to skis so bear with me. The cooling system is throwing me through a loop so far.

So it it normal for the two "pissers" to join at at T and then run to the fuel tank? I made sure there were no more Tempo lines left over. Also I noticed my intake (aftermarket racing intake) did not have any type of clamps on it. Is this normal or just another half assed mistake?

That is one of the two vents for the fuel talk. the other is where the hood rests. the one next to that should be the battery vent if you have a wet cell battery

I did find the one vent that is under the reverve handle basically. Im confused on how the battery vent is ran into a T with one end going to the fuel tank and the other one running water out the other side of the hull. Sorry if I am off, just new to the skis.

Should the pissers on both side of the ski shoot water?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sstrawsb View Post
    I did find the one vent that is under the reverve handle basically. Im confused on how the battery vent is ran into a T with one end going to the fuel tank and the other one running water out the other side of the hull. Sorry if I am off, just new to the skis.

Should the pissers on both side of the ski shoot water?
    the only ones that should be putting out water are the rear ones. the ones up front are vents. If it looks like someone did this rather than factory its screwed up. battery vent needs to be seperate and there should be two vents for the fuel tank. one up top and one on the side of the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    the only ones that should be putting out water are the rear ones. the ones up front are vents. If it looks like someone did this rather than factory its screwed up. battery vent needs to be seperate and there should be two vents for the fuel tank. one up top and one on the side of the hull.
    Hum.. I looked in the service manual and it shows the front starboard(left) side putting out water. They dont show whether the port side should do the same.

+1
    The RX has a pisser on left side like the XP. The GTX has two pissers at rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadoo timebomb View Post
    The RX has a pisser on left side like the XP. The GTX has two pissers at rear.
    Hey TimeBomb! We chatted over on PWCToday. So there is no pisser on the right hand side, its just a vent? Either way I am replacing all the lines that were there. They looked like crud and were a gloppy mess.

Thread Information