1300r with triples and novis can it be done

Hi
    Is it possible to convert a 1300r efi 2006 to having novis and triple pipes on it and what else would need doing and is it worth doing as im wanting the ski for cc racing or could you fit triples and leave the ski to run efi all help would be most welcomed thank you
    Last edited by kevski007; 09-10-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    that was a 1200 with 1300 jugs. ignition is avablie with advant or protec. Not so with a 1300 ski with fuel inj. That is the bigges problem 7400 rev limit and too much timming. R and D may have a flash for the 1300. That would be the only way other than the way I did it by putting msd with a pickup on the coupler cause I did not want to go total loss.
    so yes with msd,,,, or possibly a flash from r and d,,,, and carbs fi will not give enough fuel I think and for sure will keep the power out put much lower than carbs. I like 48s myself. vforce delta 2s as well.
    Couple positives with 1300 is the valves still work as normal. Just set the throttle posion sensor like its at idel. All dash functions still work as well , that is as long as the flyweel is still running,other wise u will have to switch the dash on with a switch. it times out if no trigger pick up is sent to the ecu. just a few things I rember been a while.

Thanks for the replys hoping to start the strip down of the engine soon

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=111879&page=1

I built a big stroker motor on EFI with single pipe then with triples. If you skim through the BS on that thread there is some good info.

hey thanks water woody

+1
    No problem. Any questions just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    that was a 1200 with 1300 jugs. ignition is avablie with advant or protec. Not so with a 1300 ski with fuel inj. That is the bigges problem 7400 rev limit and too much timming. R and D may have a flash for the 1300. That would be the only way other than the way I did it by putting msd with a pickup on the coupler cause I did not want to go total loss.
    so yes with msd,,,, or possibly a flash from r and d,,,, and carbs fi will not give enough fuel I think and for sure will keep the power out put much lower than carbs. I like 48s myself. vforce delta 2s as well.
    Couple positives with 1300 is the valves still work as normal. Just set the throttle posion sensor like its at idel. All dash functions still work as well , that is as long as the flyweel is still running,other wise u will have to switch the dash on with a switch. it times out if no trigger pick up is sent to the ecu. just a few things I rember been a while.
    How do you putting msd with a pickup on the coupler??? Do you have pictutes???

Thread Information