Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dealer told me 10 hr check up on my 2012 Waverunners was $370 each????

The dealer said I should bring my new 2012 FX Cruiser & VXR in after 10 hours and they would do a thorough inspection and it would cost $370 per watercraft. I don't see that any where in this forum. Please give me feedback.

Thank you so much

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    Personally I think the 10 hour inspection is a good idea; they check things over and you get your name in the computer system with regard to any warranty claims down the road. Is it worth that much? NO!!! -- some of these dealers will stick you if you let 'em... these days even basic marine services are outrageous. Try some friendly negotiation or shop it around with another dealer in your area; in my experience if you complain a little they will sometimes give you a better deal.

+1
    Buy Yamaha oil change kits, do it yourself and be sure to keep the receipt. That's what I did.

Thank you! I will shop around

Thank you! Not ready to do that one myself

+1
    The oil change on an FZR/S is stupid easy ! I use a yamaha oil filter that I get from the online store (Green hulk)..gotta support the forum....and two quarts of Amzoil marine oil ( Two quarts is all my pump will suck out)......nothing to it..check all your bolts and wire looms...Done. or you can take your ski to the dealership where motorcycles are their main focus and waverunners are secondary and let them fool with it...........

+1
    I guess the only other thing left that a dealer will do is to plug it into the computer to check engine parameters and timings etc to make sure all is well internally.
    But as most have said, the rest is a piece of piss to do yourself!

I just purchased two yammy skis so my bill would be double that.........no thanks! Per the shop manual the ten hour service is change oil, lube shaft bearing, general lubrication.........throttle and sterring cable, etc. I plan to get an fluid extractor to do the oil changes. If you can wrench, I'd do it yourelf and save all receipts and keep a log of service you do with regard to hrs and date.

+1
    I did a video on the oil change. Do it yourself. I also did a video for spark plug change.
    I did all of the above to help those who do not have the luxury of spending the $ and have the patience and care to do it themselves.

Look up the videos here on GL.

You have to grease your mid shaft bearing by slowly pumping grease, amount is given in the shop manual that you should purchase on ebay.

$740 is a lot of money to some of us and we are willing to get dirty for it but if you can afford it, go for it.

+1
    BTW, I doubt total time spent for this inspection is more than 30-40 minutes per ski at the best!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information