Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

06' Seadoo RXT upgrades?

I'm new to this forum and was wondering what performance upgrades give the best bang for the buck for my 2006 rxt. It only has 20 hours of use strictly on lakes. I'm looking for more hole shot and top end speed. I've noticed the riva stage one kit will give a few more mph but didn't know if there is something else I should be looking at. I'm not mechanically inclined so anything I buy will have to be installed by someone else. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

+1

06' Seadoo RXT upgrades?

4 inch kanaflex intake, x charger and 42 lb injectors intake grate and a prop would be good starters

i'm pretty new myself but i did the same thing your asking this march / april. I did the riva intake, wedge, solas impeller, x charger, 42 lb inectors and couldnt be happier with performance, took off opas and added rear exhaust. I'm looking at doing a grate and intercooler next season. hope this helps but the previous suggestions from jhill are solid. Craig Harris / atlanta

+1
    Keep in mind if you ever want to do a local IJSBA race those are some good mods to keep it in stock class, except the rear exhaust that would make it open class, I did those mods on my 06 RXP and was real pleased with it performance wise, and I have never looked back, it is an addiction, speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?

i'm not looking to race in any formal capacity maybe just to keep up with a few of the newer ski's on the lake without having to drop another 15k on a new model. i'd like to go as fast as possible but then again i don't want to spend 10k to get there. out of the improvements listed how much would all that roughly cost to buy and be installed, and what kind of gains am I looking at? I ride in NH & MA if anyone knows a reputable place to do some work.

Check out my post in the classifieds. I have sold most of the performance parts but I may have some stuff left. I did all of those upgrades and more.

+1
    If you are trying to keep up with a Kawasaki 300 you might as well sell the ski now,
    the x charger and the 42 and the kanoflex are solid mods with out breaking the bank, the Achilles heel of the seadoo is the super charger, the clutch parts wear out, and it is just hard to beat the newer model skis with belt driven roots style superchargers, don't get me wrong, I race my seadoo and my Polaris to the hilt every year and it is getting harder and harder to beat the newer model skis on the stock and limited line, my Polaris tuner used to race for the Polaris team back in the day and he is the top mechanic at the local Jet Ski shop here in Houston/Baytown area,
    In the last month in his shop alone he has had 220 Seadoos- 24 Kawasakis- 38 Yamaha's and 10 Polaris jet skis come thru his shop for repairs and warranty work,
    just my 2 cents

+1
    [QUOTE=skigolfnut;2037277]If you are trying to keep up with a Kawasaki 300 you might as well sell the ski now,
    I must respectfully disagree with skigolfnut. If I uderstand correctly 06seadoorxt is just wanting to play around on his lake and not race in sanctioned races. I just play on my lake and surronding lakes and I have NEVER hand any trouble with Kawasuckies. My 2007 RXT runs mid to upper 70s with less than $1,200 in used parts bought here on Seadoo classified ads. I have owned one 2004 RXP--two 2006 RXPs---one 2008 RXT-X--and my current 2007 RXT. Now that being said--I have never had a supercharger failure. Skigolfnut is accurate in saying the S/C can be a weak link--but not if you do inspections/maintainance on them. First step in to get rid of the stock ceramic S/C washers. Keep your boost in the 11 to 14 lb range and your S/C is good to go. The S/C at 15 lbs boost or more require intense maintanance and are prone to failure if not watched closely.

P.S. Hey Skigolfnut. I live just outside New Braunfels and talk with Joseph Roberts often over at Wood's cycle. He says you build one mean Sea-Doo.
    Last edited by Sundance; 09-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.

i'm just looking to upgrade my ski, not trying to race kawasaki 300's. if i can gain a few mph and better hole shot for around $1500 then i'm all for it. however whatever i get done needs to be reliable because as i mentioned before i'm not mechanical at all so if even the most basic repair needs to be done i'll have to take it somewhere. i'm just a weekend warrior with a barely used 6 year old ski that would like to know what basic things can be done to make it a little more fun. like i said if you know anyone in mass or nh that does these kind of upgrades i'd be interested.

+1
    Put X charger, the injectors, intake riva, exhaust riva, impeller, 15/20 or 15/22 solas 4blade thats about 1500-1800 usd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information