+1

Fogging engine compartment

When you guys talk about fogging the engines on our skis you literally mean just forging over everything in the engine bay. Correct? What chemical do you guys use for fogging? I use fluid film on the linkages and rear area of the ski. Is fluid film good to use in the engine compartment as well?

Paul

+1
    I use CRC 6-56 to spray (lube) the engine compartment (and wipe clean) and give a few seconds shot of CRC engine fog into the throttle body after every ride while the ski is running.. For storage I spray the fogging fluid directly into throttle body, injector holes and down the spark plug holes.. Have never used fluid film but heard good things about it.. It may be good for both internal and external lubrication

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Fogging? Fogging to me and most is the internal engine being coated with an oil to protect it from moisture from the exhaust cooling system. Run the engine (dry) quick while spraying STA-BIL Fogging oil in the intake system.

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Fogging? Fogging to me and most is the internal engine being coated with an oil to protect it from moisture from the exhaust cooling system. Run the engine (dry) quick while spraying STA-BIL Fogging oil in the intake system.
    I agree with everything you have just said, except using the STA-BIL stuff, and "spraying into intake" needs some clarification. To me, Stabil is just like kerosene, too light for fogging purposes. I use Mercury Marine Storage Seal. Give it a try, just spray some and compare it to stabil and you won't use stabil again. It is really sticky and coats much better.

I don't like the idea of spraying fogging oil into the throttle body on the internally intercooled 4-TEC engines, as it will get on the intercooler fins and attract dust. It is better to remove the injectors to spray it in, or use bypass tubes for the same purpose, which is a lot quicker than pulling the injectors. (this doesn't apply to the 2-strokers...)

+1
    I love stabil fogging spray to and on my 2 stroke skis I to spray the intake for winterizing, and found alot of more uses out of it to, its better then armour all,sure its oily but on my older skis brings that black frosted white plastic right back to life for weeks, I to will try that mercury marine that you sudjetsted

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sta-bil.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	282876 This is what iv'e used it for years? but im gane for anything better, And as far as the procedure i mentioned, its basically reference, I have a Direct port style i copied on my rxp

Thread Information