Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Beware of that Sayreville off season "free launch"...

Gents...I know some of you might launch out of there from Oct 1st to April 30th for free...like me...But the township adopted an Ordinance in June requiring a season pass which has always been $150/$200 non res.a yr. - $15/$30 non res. a day and be enforced for all 12 months.
    There might not be an attendant in the off season like before but the police will be patroling the parking area more often.Spoke to a town clerk who confirmed this...so keep this in mind
    Last edited by jetdave56; 09-11-2012 at 11:15 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Gents...I know some of you might launch out of there from Oct 1st to April 30th for free...like me...But the township adopted an Ordinance in June requiring a season pass which has always been $150/$200 non res.a yr. - $15/$30 non res. a day and be enforced for all 12 months.
    There might not be an attendant in the off season like before but the police will be patroling the parking area more often.Spoke to a town clerk who confirmed this...so keep this in mind
    south river yacht club! They got a bar

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    south river yacht club! They got a bar
    YES SIR!...launched out of there last Sat....nice people,friendly boat club...the President aka The Commondant his name is Kurt....smart guy too...he owns a 2012 Kawa Ultra 300 LX.....lol

+1
    Anyone riding the Raritan Saturday?

+1
    Maybe Ron...more likely Sunday though..
    launch out of Rutgers rowing launch off 18n..shhhh!!.its a secret free launch...

+1

Beware of that Sayreville off season "free launch"...

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra8 View Post
    I'm riding with the NYC Crew (was Jetty Jumpers) on Sat at the Statue and riding around manhattan (season closer). Launching from Jersey City, Liberty State Park. Perhaps a bit too far from the Raritan however, but if not come join us! Would be good to see ya.

+1
    Maybe Ron...more likely Sunday though..
    launch out of Rutgers rowing launch off 18n..shhhh!!.its a secret free launch...
    Dave...might be able to get out for a little while Sunday, easier for me to launch out of Carteret and ride up the river.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra8 View Post
    I'm riding with the NYC Crew (was Jetty Jumpers) on Sat at the Statue and riding around manhattan (season closer). Launching from Jersey City, Liberty State Park. Perhaps a bit too far from the Raritan however, but if not come join us! Would be good to see ya.

Adam...Working nights Fri-Mon, so I'm going to try to make it. What time Is everyone meeting up? Also is everyone meeting at JC or on the water at Statue of Liberty? (If I can make it not sure if its easier for me to launch from Carteret and ride up, or just trailer to JC)

NYC Harbour on a Saturday, should be fun. Last time I was out there 6-8 foot swells and got a doritos bag stuck in my impeller.

+1
    Hey Ron, the "meeting time" is 10am at the Statue. Knowing that crew, it will probably be 11 am. It's impossible to say what the bay will be like, but it does seem like it's worse towards the end of the day. A couple of the NJ|PA Crew will be coming up from South Jersey too, so I will try to be at Liberty State Park by 10am or earlier if I hear that they want to meet earlier. If I hear anything different about the time, I will give you a call. We will get some lunch at either the Liberty House or Surf City Bar in Jersey City.

So far I've been lucky and never got anything jammed in my ski there yet. Been there about 8 times so far. From what I understand, it is the worst after a storm since that washes everything into the river. This week had been really good so let's hope it's clear.

+1
    Sounds good definitely going to try to make it, I actually really like riding that area I go there severel times a year and its only 15-20 min ride from my ramp. The scenary is awsome, justs beats you up especially with all the boat traffic.

+1
    Hey Ron, One of the guys just told me about the "Laurel Hill County Park Ramp in Secaucus, NJ". It's a free ramp and is about the same distance drive for me, but about 10 miles further from the Statue. We're gonna try meeting at that ramp at 9:30 am.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information