+1

If I sucked water into my intake...

Buried the bow pretty good this weekend in the ocean, had about a 15 min ride back to my house. Ski ran fine but storage bin and under it were soaked. Checked the dipstick after i pulled the ski, no bubbles or milky-ness, question is how soon would i know if got water in the the engine when the ski hit the wave? Running a 4inch intake upfront under the bars, no prefilter.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Buried the bow pretty good this weekend in the ocean, had about a 15 min ride back to my house. Ski ran fine but storage bin and under it were soaked. Checked the dipstick after i pulled the ski, no bubbles or milky-ness, question is how soon would i know if got water in the the engine when the ski hit the wave? Running a 4inch intake upfront under the bars, no prefilter.

Thanks
    I suggest you install some type of screen or filter on the end if that intake. This is not for Water its for Everything else that could get sucked or drop in there..

If there isnt any milky oil in the motor u "should" be ok. did the ski bog or shut off on you??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post

Thanks
    I suggest you install some type of screen or filter on the end if that intake. This is not for Water its for Everything else that could get sucked or drop in there..

If there isnt any milky oil in the motor u "should" be ok. did the ski bog or shut off on you??
    I have a piece of window screen zip tied over end of the kanaflex for any garbage, i had a Spectra but that rusted to crap. No the ski didnt shut off, it did bog a little but i think that was from the weight of the water coming over the ski.

+1
    If you took in water the ski would IMMEDIATELY bog and act like it was not getting gas. Had this happen a few times when I was running front air and my friend would do the nose dive trick. With rear air it happens less.

Thread Information