Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    race24x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayette, Maine
    Posts
    1,005

    IS and AS Mod and Speed Thread

    So I bought a 2012 RXT 260 IS and most of the speed stuff I have noticed was on the non ssupension hull. I wanted a post for guys with the suspension hulls so we can share what has worked and what has not. So far no mods on mine, but I did buy the Vtech tuner for future use. . Post your mods and speeds etc here? I am wondering about best grate to use what gains I can get from Air kit Vtech 8350 beta tune and a Prop.


  2. #2
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    721
    +1
    82
    I have a 2010 iS. Currently there is the Speed Limiter bypass module in there along with the 4" Air intake (no true cold air intake exists that I know of) and a Solas 15/22, which was set back and pitched back to 12.5/18.5 with an 83mm nozzle. I have 2 intake grates. The RD is the better overall and rough water grate. I have a Worx as well that makes a little more speed if the water has a slight ripple, but I use it for some rides because it seems to turn better. Right now, I'm a solid 72mph in the Florida heat, right on the Rev limit. Later on this year I will have retainers put on and do an ECU reflash (Torx or Vtech) and start running the 8350 tunes. I'm hoping that I really won't need further prop tuning after that, but we'll see. May need to add a tad more pitch.

    PS: If you mod, DO NOT USE THE IS GRATE!!! I sustained permanent injuries from a 72mph pump stuff because of that grate!

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    804
    +1
    21
    72.5 mph with just 4 inch intake, 15/20 prop on a RS 2009 iS ski on fresh water in relatively cool climate.

  4. #4
    jsiouan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pasadena MD
    Posts
    349
    +1
    39
    75.6 mph with Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D intake grate, Freeflow Exhaust, and VTECH 8350 Tune.

    2011 RXTas260

  5. #5
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    721
    +1
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by jsiouan View Post
    75.6 mph with Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D intake grate, Freeflow Exhaust, and VTECH 8350 Tune.

    2011 RXTas260
    That's pretty good! Mind sharing your prop/nozzle specs? Also, are you on the 8350 limiter? I like my machine quiet and I'm not sure about doing the exhaust mod. Curious how much speed that mod added.

  6. #6
    jsiouan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pasadena MD
    Posts
    349
    +1
    39
    I'm still running a 15/20 Solas prop....Stock Nozzle

    I don't think I gained anything from the exhaust. It's not noisy at all on WOT....just sounds cool idling from the ramp.

    My RPM's typically hold steady around 8250. Probably do for a repitch, but I'm gonna wait until after I upgrade my valve train and do an 8600 tune so I can do it all at once.


    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsiouan View Post
    75.6 mph with Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D intake grate, Freeflow Exhaust, and VTECH 8350 Tune.

    2011 RXTas260
    That's pretty good! Mind sharing your prop/nozzle specs? Also, are you on the 8350 limiter? I like my machine quiet and I'm not sure about doing the exhaust mod. Curious how much speed that mod added.

  7. #7
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    721
    +1
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by jsiouan View Post
    I'm still running a 15/20 Solas prop....Stock Nozzle

    I don't think I gained anything from the exhaust. It's not noisy at all on WOT....just sounds cool idling from the ramp.

    My RPM's typically hold steady around 8250. Probably do for a repitch, but I'm gonna wait until after I upgrade my valve train and do an 8600 tune so I can do it all at once.


    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsiouan View Post
    75.6 mph with Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D intake grate, Freeflow Exhaust, and VTECH 8350 Tune.

    2011 RXTas260
    That's pretty good! Mind sharing your prop/nozzle specs? Also, are you on the 8350 limiter? I like my machine quiet and I'm not sure about doing the exhaust mod. Curious how much speed that mod added.
    You should be on an 83mm nozzle anyways. My stock was an 87. Thx for the info.

  8. #8
    race24x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayette, Maine
    Posts
    1,005
    Do you guys know if the Prop I have from my 06 RXT will work on my 12 RXT 260 I have the speedfreeks setback and its brand new almost. Sure would be nice to be able to use it.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Beach Haven, LBI, NJ
    Posts
    24
    Nice thread - thanks.

  10. #10
    2010 RXT iS 260, Override Module, Solas 15/22R, 71 mph

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yamaha FX and FZ SVHO mods and speeds thread
    By ElJanooby77 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 11:00 PM
  3. Mods and Speeds
    By Ronn25 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 10:19 PM
  4. Post mods and speed.
    By 345 Yamaha Killa in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 06:27 PM
  5. High Speed Warning and Safety Thread
    By ARNYGOLLOTT3 in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •