Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

2012 Fx sho Offshore use

Will the new fx sho be a match for the ultra 300 offshore,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev273 View Post
    Will the new fx sho be a match for the ultra 300 offshore,
    IMHO the ultra 300 still has a better hull for the rough then the SHO & more power...........but it won't be as reliable

+1
    Ultra may be better hull but doesn't appear to be near as stable. This new SHO is rock stable side to side in waves. I also think the hull is great. Ultra definitely more power stock

+1
    I have an ultra 300 it is a good boat but needs loads of attention fuel parts looking at engine rebuild only down 100hrs. I was hoping the new fx sho was going to be the replacement maybe a few bolt on could increase the power, top speed is not that important more average speed over sea conditions

I think the 2012 FX SHO is a very capable Offshore Ski. The question, "Will the new fx sho be a match for the ultra 300 offshore" I think needs to be more specific though to really get to the correct perspective.
    If the question is, "will the new FX SHO be a match for the Ultra 300 for general all around Offshore riding at moderate to moderately fast speeds". The answer to this question is yes. The 2012 FX SHO is a better Ski when you put everything on the scale: cost of operation, rider comfort, scheduled routine maintenance, etc I think it does more things well than the 300 in this application.

If the question is, "Will the new fx sho be a match for the ultra 300 in a hardcore offshore race". The short answer no. The long answer is "probably". What's interesting with this question is that the 300 is already pretty much tuned to the edge "as is". I have seen some 300 Turbos that run strong and are fast, but I doubt even these Skis can get close to 80 mph (reliably). The new FX SHO has an enormous amount of upside as far as performance potential goes. And I would be very confident that the new FX Hull is every bit as stable as the Ultra Hull at higher speeds . . . even well beyond 80 mph (for those that want those speeds). But for sure this will cost $$$, alot of $$$ to be sure.

+1
    I have an ultra 300 it is a good boat but needs loads of attention fuel parts looking at engine rebuild only down 100hrs.
    Sorry you're having problems but this doesn't surprise me; and there are several reasons I feel the FX SHO is the better overall ski for the recreational rider. I have written a brief review of the potential problems with the Ultra 300; you can find them here on post no. 124:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hlight=fzr+300

I would definitely listen to "The Master," Mr. John Belton; the guy has over 1,000 offshore crossings and he knows what he's talkin about. I do hope you get things sorted out with your Kawi and I wish you all the best with it.

+1
    Hopefully someone will bring it instead of sing it...has anyone race a new sho in any of the offshore races? I can't get anybody at the ozarks with one to race, so it's hard to say.

As far as your "better ski" comment, I haven't rode one yet so I won't comment, cost of operation sure if you don't run premium in your yamaha. Scheduled maintenance, I don't see how the yami would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    I think the 2012 FX SHO is a very capable Offshore Ski. The question, "Will the new fx sho be a match for the ultra 300 offshore" I think needs to be more specific though to really get to the correct perspective.
    If the question is, "will the new FX SHO be a match for the Ultra 300 for general all around Offshore riding at moderate to moderately fast speeds". The answer to this question is yes. The 2012 FX SHO is a better Ski when you put everything on the scale: cost of operation, rider comfort, scheduled routine maintenance, etc I think it does more things well than the 300 in this application.

If the question is, "Will the new fx sho be a match for the ultra 300 in a hardcore offshore race". The short answer no. The long answer is "probably". What's interesting with this question is that the 300 is already pretty much tuned to the edge "as is". I have seen some 300 Turbos that run strong and are fast, but I doubt even these Skis can get close to 80 mph (reliably). The new FX SHO has an enormous amount of upside as far as performance potential goes. And I would be very confident that the new FX Hull is every bit as stable as the Ultra Hull at higher speeds . . . even well beyond 80 mph (for those that want those speeds). But for sure this will cost $$$, alot of $$$ to be sure.

Banned User
    +1

2012 Fx sho Offshore use

I have an ultra 300 it is a good boat but needs loads of attention fuel parts looking at engine rebuild only down 100hrs. I was hoping the new fx sho was going to be the replacement maybe a few bolt on could increase the power, top speed is not that important more average speed over sea conditions
    Dude ya said you where a hardcore racer so can't really compare your ski to a Rec ski for reliability.

If the yam hull was better. Maybey farthing would be using that instead of the 300 hull he uses now. No one races a sho offshore. You just don't see them.Pretty hard to compare ski to ski when knobody is treating there sho like they are the 300s

+1
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules here...but I find it funny that most of the people spouting the "issues" of the 300 don't even own one. Even the "masta" doesn't own one. I know he has ridden 1 million offshore miles and can tell after his brief stints on them that they are inferior. Bottom line is, yes there are a couple of people who have had issues with their 300. THere are also people with their sho issues. I can say I have had no issues with my ultra 300 which has been raced and rec ridden for 2 straight years. Only maintenance has been oil changes every 20 hrs and put plugs in over the winter. And offshore it's an animal.

I'm not saying the new sho is or isn't any better at offshore, which is what the topic is "yoyamma", but I do know that he does not know the answer....hell, he doesn't even have a new fx sho.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I have an ultra 300 it is a good boat but needs loads of attention fuel parts looking at engine rebuild only down 100hrs.
    Sorry you're having problems but this doesn't surprise me; and there are several reasons I feel the FX SHO is the better overall ski for the recreational rider. I have written a brief review of the potential problems with the Ultra 300; you can find them here on post no. 124:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hlight=fzr+300

I would definitely listen to "The Master," Mr. John Belton; the guy has over 1,000 offshore crossings and he knows what he's talkin about. I do hope you get things sorted out with your Kawi and I wish you all the best with it.

+1

2012 Fx sho Offshore use

Another worthless thread...

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information