Question 2012 RXT-X cruise control not working but ski mode is

I bought a 2012 RXT-X 260 from a dealer about 3.5 hours away from me (its not so easy to find a good dealer up north). I ordered the cruise control option and had the dealer install it. Upon pickup, they said it should be working fine but they weren't able to water test it.

However, I can't get the cruise control to work at all. I try holding down the cruise button at various speeds, but nothing ever happens. I tried pushing it multiple times, holding it, playing with it, etc... and nothing. Furthermore, I can't get the no wake mode to work either. BUT - the ski does show "ski mode" if I cycle through the menu options, which makes me believe that it is detecting the cruise control module.

At first I thought that cruise control might be disabled for the first so many hours... but I'm around 11 now and it still won't work.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here?

I would prefer to fix this myself if possible, rather than making the 7 hour round trip journey back to the dealer... I'm hoping I don't need the computer reprogrammed or anything like that.

And before tearing into an expensive toy like this, I wanted to get some opinions here first on where I should be checking, or what I should try...

Thanks for the help!!

+1
    is your ski modified? do you have a vtech flash? if you are bone stock i would say they installed a wire on the wrong pin location, the cruise kit would have come with instructions, you could ask the dealer for those to verify all the wires are in the correct locations,

The ski is bone stock. I had them install the cruise kit along with a bilge pump.

I will check the box they gave me when I get home and see if I have the instructions... if not, I will try to track down a copy from the dealer or online.

Where is the wiring connection block that you mentioned? Is it in an easily accessible area?

Thanks for the response!

+1
    It is a plug and play module..just some wiring needed...The fuse block is under the right rear door just above the battery

+1
    lucky for you all the wiring is in the back where is is really easy to access, if you had a rxpx you would be pissed!!
    check all the pin locations for the cruise harness at the fuse box, the way they are numbered is a little weird and could have easily been messed up,
    the bad news though, if you find all is good down there at the fuse box the only other wire connections are where the button plugs into the cluster, that is a little more involved, but you would need to make sure they are in there correctly too.

i would call the dealer and give em hell, i assume you paid labor for the install they should take care of you somehow

You can check the cruise switch easy: remove the cover behind the gauge, startingpoint is below (with a large phillips screwdriver)
    Remove the connector of the gauge, grey wire should be on pin 7 and the black wire should be on pin 10 (you can find the wires also if you follow them from the switch, remove the housing cover). Also check if the switch is still in place behind te cover!
    Finally check the switch with an fluke tester or something.

Thread Information