Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to the forum and 300x

Picked up two 2012 Ultra 300Xs a couple weeks ago. One is blue and one is green. What a blast. I still have my first stand up Jet Ski, but these are totally different. We mostly ride in the ocean and have about 12 hours on the skis.

I have a few questions.

First, what's a good source to get registration stickers made that match the skis? Is there such a thing offered online that matches the Kawasakis? I was thinking blue lettering that matches the "300X" in blue would look good on both machines because they both have that blue lettering. I've seen a few sites that do this online, but how to match the color?

Second, I'm interested in mounting solutions for my Garmin 78sc GPS. Seems like the best thing would be a mount right on the handlebars, but that whole area is padded. Any ideas?

Third, is there a really good waterproof comm system people use for riding these. Maybe some sort of headsets? I have a ICOM 92D for each ski, but that's more for emergency use and I'd like something you can just have an open channel on to talk with the rider of the other ski when your riding, kind of like people use on motorcycles, but built for use in a salt water environment.

Sorry if these have been answered well on here, but it seems like the searches I've tried are mostly bringing up long threads that are unrelated to my questions.

Thanks!

Banned User
    +1

Congrats on the new ski.

For comm look at the chatter box sbi2 it's small and works great

For custom letters any sign shop or check out amazon

For GPS you can get a ram mount for the handle bar if you want but I suggest drilling and putting it on the hood there's different mounts for different things just get what's going to work best got u.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Congrats on the new ski.

For comm look at the chatter box sbi2 it's small and works great

For custom letters any sign shop or check out amazon

For GPS you can get a ram mount for the handle bar if you want but I suggest drilling and putting it on the hood there's different mounts for different things just get what's going to work best got u.
    Thank you.

Do most people just go to a local sign shop for the lettering? Maybe that makes the most sense.

For the comm end, I'm thinking I'd like something that works without a helmet. Is there a way to use the chatterbox with some kind of headset and no helmet?

+1

I had my numbers done at a local graphics shop, I brought my ski and had them match the color. Most shops will let you choose font and vinyl type too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347396320.905065.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	282872

+1
    I'm pretty sure the LX version came w/a mount for GPS units right into the handlebar http://www.boattest.com/images-galle..._300LX_gps.jpg
    I guess an expensive option would be to buy that "LX" part if it fits on the "X". The one in the picture is the Garmin 76, which is now discontinued/replaced by the 78.

Off topic @ HD: Feel free to contribute any of your rides to the site in my sig. below. I have nothing north of CT. PS - Welcome to the 'hulk.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    I'm pretty sure the LX version came w/a mount for GPS units right into the handlebar http://www.boattest.com/images-galle..._300LX_gps.jpg
    I guess an expensive option would be to buy that "LX" part if it fits on the "X". The one in the picture is the Garmin 76, which is now discontinued/replaced by the 78.

Off topic @ HD: Feel free to contribute any of your rides to the site in my sig. below. I have nothing north of CT. PS - Welcome to the 'hulk.
    He has the 78 that mount won't work.

+1
    I was wondering about that, b/c the "official" Kawasaki website says the following (under Key Features): "GPS mounting area is built into handlebar pad for convenient placement of navigation devices" I know they show the 76 in the holder, but what other devices would they mean or is this statement in error? Just curious, Tommy.

Banned User
    +1

It also says it has a 15 gal fuel tank lol. I think it's because you can use the 72-76 so maybe that's what there referring to as devices. Not sure.

+1
    LOL, ok... Now I'll get back to the SeaDoo side of the forum.... BTW, that's the 2nd manufacturer that geared a ski model/accessory towards a specific handheld GPS. You'd think somebody would have come up w/the "universal" factory installed mount by now. I know they have aftermarket products for mounting to the dash/handlebars, but that steering insert on the Kawi looks great. Too bad it was for the older 70*.* models.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    LOL, ok... Now I'll get back to the SeaDoo side of the forum.... BTW, that's the 2nd manufacturer that geared a ski model/accessory towards a specific handheld GPS. You'd think somebody would have come up w/the "universal" factory installed mount by now. I know they have aftermarket products for mounting to the dash/handlebars, but that steering insert on the Kawi looks great. Too bad it was for the older 70*.* models.
    Yea I agree they should make a universal mount.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information