2000 GTX what size rejet for flamearrestor set up?

I jusy purchased a nice condition 2000 GTX single carb and want to take off the massive breather box for a simple flamearrestor. What size jet will I need to try out to keep it from running lean?
    On a differnt note.... It just started surging at high end. My thought was to rebuild fuel pump while carb is apart, and blow out all fuel lines for possible blockage..... any other suggestions?
    Thanks guys!

+1
    What motor? A 2000 GTX will have either an 787 RFI, a 951 DI or 951 carb'ed.

OOPS a single carb GTI.... the smaller motor.

I think it's a 717 .Not for sure on jet size but after you will have retune and watch piston wash, with a minimum of bore light or bore scope , cheap ebay USB camera or do plug chops ect. Before my borescope I soldered a mini mag light bulb to speaker wire and batts . it's still hard to see down a plug hole though. Just letting you know it's not just plug and play. You should REpost with your motor size and right model in title alot of guys played with the 717 back in the day. alot were 2carbs though. They might be able to give you exact jett and turn of screw.

+1
    If I'm not wrong and if this was the hull that was green and white the jetting specs are low's 75 and high 170 . I use to install this highs on the 951 carbs when installing aftermarke fa's So it could be done removing your stock flame arrestor and install and aftermarket one. You will need an adaptor in order to bolt the filter on. find it on ebay or online over here at the clasifieds section.

Hope this helps. Pretty sure other guys while chime in and give you great advise.

+1
    I'm pretty sure you have a multi gauge with RPM's right? You need to watch those RPM's with the stock f/a and pay attention to where it tops out, this is after you go through the fuel system to fix the surging. Then your stock high speed screw should be all the way in from the factory. After the new f/a setup start with the screw 1.5 turns out and ride it while getting a good feel and watching those RPM's. Then turn it in 1/4 turn and see if the revs go up a bit or down. If they go up turn the screw in anothe 1/4 turn. If they go down turn the screw out 1/4 turn. Keep repeating this until the maximum RPM is reached at WOT then unscrew the adjuster just a smidge to the rich side. That's how I set mine up. I don't believe you'll need to rejet.

+1
    A lot of the base line models have a large fuel gauge and speedo. Doesnt leave much for getting any info.

Just curious why you want to pitch the stock airbox. On a single carb its not that restrictive enough to get any performance gains by going aftermarket. A lot of money just for looks, but thats just me being a tightwad when spending money...

+1
    I'm with timebomb, I run oem arrestors on all mine just drilled a few extra holes and removed a screen or 2.

Thread Information