Aftermarket Renthal or Riva handlebars on stock system with standard trim?

Im new to this whole forum and have only just picked up my GP1300r, its the 2006 model and have seen a few people have changed the steering system to aftermarket UMI systems, which I prefer as the same system was on a friends ski back a few years ago. I just wanted to know if I wanted to do this could I put a set of Riva Racing or Renthal Bars on my stock clamps or do I have to buy the whole $500 kit from UMI or Riva which looks a bit complicated. I wanted to keep the original trim system and throttle lever but does any of this have to be modified or changed? And would it be something I could do myself? I have a rough idea of what im doing I just dont want to go ahead and just do it incase I come across any problems. I have seen they do carbon fibre covers which I like the look of but I didnt know if they went over the stock steering system or over the top of the UMI systems? Any help, pictures or tips would be much appreciated (Would love something like in the picture if its possible :s )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yamaha Bars 1.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	282885

The bars bolt right as long as they are 7/8" if you go to pro tapers website they have all the measurements and a will have to drill a few holes and file down the qsts side to a smaller diameter

Banned User
    Qsts grip will have to be cut down unless you ditch Qsts. If longer than 32" won't fit in covers, or a high bend.

Thread Information