+1

Ride plate holes on GTX (Possible leak)???????

I've been having any issue with getting water in the hull of my 06 GTX ltd. If I filled the hull with water and let it sit on the trailer it didn't drip from anywhere. If I let it just sit in the water it didn't take on water. It was only when you were out and riding it. I started to removed the ride plate bolts today and discovered that there wasn't any silicone used when it had been installed before. The water then emptied from the hull. I then removed the intake grate bolts and the front hole did have silicone.

I already have the OPAS block offs for the hull and the pump. But ifthis could be the issue I'll silicone the bolts and test it out before I delete something that's working properly.

+1
    If it was when you were riding it , your water leak could be comming from an exhaust leak, try tightening all the hose clamps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caliburn View Post
    If it was when you were riding it , your water leak could be comming from an exhaust leak, try tightening all the hose clamps.
    I've done that and I'm relatively sure it's not the exhaust. I'm guessing
    That it may be either the ride Plate bolts or even the Opas pieces, but at this
    point it's all guessing. The hull is in good shape and shouldnt be the issue. I
    blocked off the port other feeds the Opas and plugged it but that made no
    difference.

+1
    leaks can be hard to find I have been chasing one on my GP1200R for weeks ended up removing the entire exhaust and tightening all the bolts and clamps and still dont think I have found it yet and its only when I am riding it as well, but I did alot of things to it and Know its the exhaust building pressure and leaking so I will have to chase the leak in the water to find it, its really the only way to find them, ridding with the seat off and in the water running on the trailer and hit the gas , I will have to pull my battery box to find it

+1
    Sometimes the actual bolts can leak on the rxp's as they come right through. It can be hard to see as they slowly weep. Not sure on the gtx but could be worth checking.

+1
    FINALLY FOUND IT. The seal around one of the heat exhanger hoses that come through the hull had a gap in the sealer that was used. I resealed that at its all good. I also removed all the ride plate bolts and siliconed them as well just as a little more insurance.

Thread Information