+1

Need some help R&D billet PVs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	282961Does anyone know why I have two R&D powervalves that are different? They are both supposed to be for a 1200. They seem to be the exact same size except for the ears on one, and the brass collar is also a little bigger.
    Last edited by pokplalya22; 09-12-2012 at 05:31 PM.

+1
    I am going through a rebuild right now on a 2000 GP1200R which had the R and D power valves come into contact with the pistons and rings due to my valves being in the motor for over 10 years and going thru at least 4 partial or full rebuilds of the top half (valves worn out). I was considering buying 3 new R and D powervalves for the next rebuild but have read that the Gas sea-doo valves work great on this engine and do not have the issue after high hours or severe detonation (bad fuel, low octane) of coming into contact with the pistons (read my recent posts on what happened). If I decide to go with another set of R and D valves, I want to know it they did a redesign on the valves, after 2001, when I bought mine. Maybe that is why yours are a little different. My old valves are at the shop doing that is doing the engine work so I don't have them to compare to your photos. When I go by to help put it all back together, I will check and see which valves I have that look like your two. Butch at R and D tech could probably tell you the difference between your two R and D valves, Steve.

+1
    There is different valves on different models and some or the screws that hold the brass collar down have a shoulder and some do not. The ones with the shoulder bolt have a longer brass collar. Just make sure you have the right retaining bolts for the right powervalves.

+1
    Ok, got the answer from Glenn @ R&D. The one on the right is from the original production runs. They increased the valve length to limit side to side movement.

THANK YOU GLENN

Thread Information