+1

Anyone in Southern New Hampshire?

As some of you know, I am negotiating to buy a gp800r. The guy has agreed to to bring it down on friday for me to take a look at it.
    Is there anyone local that is familiar with jet skis that live close by that can help me take a look and run a compression test? Although I am kinda spent as far as money goes, I will grill you the best steak and have your favorite beverage on hand. I live in Salem Nh area.
    I know its kinda crazy but I thought I give a shot. Just cant afford to take it to a marine mechanic and certainly cant afford to buy a lemon. I am in carpet cleaning biz and my lean months are ahead of me. Unfortunately, this is the best time to buy a jet ski.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

+1
    If you cant get any help some things to check when the guy brings it may help your decision. don't be afraid to go over it with a fine tooth comb. climb under the trailer and inspect the hull for gouges and cracks have a flashlight handy to look in the pump look for bent fins on the stater and nicks and bends in the prop. look inside the hull for oil or old oil residue. buy a compression gauge pull the plugs screw the gauge in the plug hole hold the throttle wide open making sure plug wires are out of the way. as long as both cylinders are making over 110 psi compression each its ok. make sure there isnt a lot of corrosion on the carbs.,engine,and pump. if there is and you ever need to remove bolts for rebuild or prop the corrosion could make bolts hard to remove.

After you check everything ride it hard and for about 15 or 20 minutes. long enough for a problem to show up. also make sure to have extra gas and oil to ride it that long just in case its empty.

+1
    Thanks for the info Mud. I hate to admitted but I dont think I am capable of some of these things. What and where is the stater? I thought these were jets so where would the prop be?
    Also would there be any corrosion if it was written in freshwater?
    I really appreciate the advice. Thanks

Thread Information